Author Topic: 89 Percent of Border Patrol Resources Pulled From Frontlines  (Read 196 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
89 Percent of Border Patrol Resources Pulled From Frontlines
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:31 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry September 8, 2022

At a border security education event on Wednesday, former U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan painted a picture of national ignorance to the ongoing border crisis, blaming poor messaging and general obliviousness in the average citizen.

“I’ve been doing this for 35 years. I’ve served for six administrations both Republican and Democrat. So, this is not a right or left thing for me. This is an American thing for me. I’d like to talk about facts,” said Morgan, speaking at Uncensored: The Border Education Summit in the Texas Capitol.

And to begin with, “​there is a complete fundamental misunderstanding about the southwest border.”

“[We’ve] got to get better messaging,” he said. “And we cannot assume that everybody knows what you know because they don’t. … They’re trying to put food on the table. They’re trying to raise a family. They’re disconnected from it. They don’t see the physical manifestations of this entire catastrophic crisis like people in Texas do.”

Morgan says “border security is national security.” Therefore, the focus of the crisis cannot be illegal immigration, as that is only a subset of the issue. Instead, the focus has to be on border security.

“The catastrophic numbers that we’re seeing is [what’s] driving our borders to be open,” said Morgan. “We know that—you know that—as illegal immigration goes up, our ability to secure our border goes down. Why? Because 89 percent of Border Patrol resources are pulled off the frontline, off our national security mission, leaving large areas of border wide open, literally handing operational control over the cartels.”

The majority [of] people do not know that in this country.

Morgan emphasized that “Congress has absolutely abdicated their constitutional responsibility” to secure the border, willfully and intentionally.

Morgan praised Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Attorney General Ken Paxton for “doing more than any governor or AG in this country.”

“There’s only one person to blame. That’s President Biden,” said Morgan, although he also acknowledged that Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas of the Department of Homeland Security is an arbiter of disastrous open border policies.

We went from the most secure border in our lifetime to having no borders at all.

Morgan says the biggest lie coming from the Biden administration is their claim that they inherited a broken, dismantled system.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/89-percent-of-border-patrol-resources-pulled-from-frontlines/