Author Topic: This is what’s keeping electric planes from taking off  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is what’s keeping electric planes from taking off
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:53:28 am »
This is what’s keeping electric planes from taking off
Aug. 18, 2022
Batteries could power planes, but weight will limit how far they fly, Casey Crownhart reports for the MIT Technology Review.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., - Startups are exploring how electric planes could clean up air travel, which accounts for about 3% of worldwide greenhouse-gas emissions. The problem is that today’s electric aircraft could safely carry you and about a dozen fellow passengers only around 30 miles, according to a recent analysis, Casey Crownhart reports for the MIT Technology Review. Continue reading original article.

The Military & Aerospace Electronics take:

18 August 2022 - Crownhart notes that while batteries are an efficient way to use electricity, and and battery technology is improving, mass adoption for electric flight will be limited. As electric flight gains footing, short jaunts in both urban and rural areas could provide near-term applications.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/commercial-aerospace/article/14281464/this-is-whats-keeping-electric-planes-from-taking-off
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson