Author Topic: US COAST GUARD CANS CUTTER CAPTAIN  (Read 406 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US COAST GUARD CANS CUTTER CAPTAIN
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:39:55 am »
US COAST GUARD CANS CUTTER CAPTAIN
September 2, 2022 • Carl Prine

On Aug. 26, 2022, the commander of the US Coast Guard Atlantic Area temporarily relieved Capt. Marc Brandt as the commanding officer of the cutter James, pending the outcome of an ongoing probe into a mishap on board the Legend-class vessel. Composite by Coffee or Die Magazine.

The US Coast Guard has relieved the commanding officer of the cutter James.

On Aug. 26, the commander of the sea service’s Atlantic Area, Vice Adm. Kevin Lunday, temporarily removed Capt. Marc Brandt from his duties and reassigned him to the three-star’s headquarters in Portsmouth, Virginia.

Brandt, 45, did not respond to Coffee or Die Magazine‘s messages seeking comment.

According to a prepared statement released a week after his relief, Brandt’s downfall is tied to an unspecified mishap on board the vessel that injured no one. The incident remains under investigation, but it triggered Lunday’s loss of confidence in Brandt’s ability to command the ship.

https://www.coffeeordie.com/us-coast-guard-captain
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: US COAST GUARD CANS CUTTER CAPTAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 11:43:21 am »
that injured no one
So he got someones pronouns wrong?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 05:02:23 pm »
So he got someones pronouns wrong?
That or another navigation issue or maybe maintenance?

"Vice Adm. Kevin Lunday, commander of Coast Guard Atlantic Area, effected the relief due to a loss of confidence," the release noted.

Capt. John Driscoll was appointed to assume temporary command of the cutter “pending the results of an investigation into the mishap,” while Brandt has been “temporarily assigned” to Coast Guard Atlantic Area.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 02:07:45 am »
That or another navigation issue or maybe maintenance?

"Vice Adm. Kevin Lunday, commander of Coast Guard Atlantic Area, effected the relief due to a loss of confidence," the release noted.

Capt. John Driscoll was appointed to assume temporary command of the cutter “pending the results of an investigation into the mishap,” while Brandt has been “temporarily assigned” to Coast Guard Atlantic Area.
[/b]

@GtHawk

Who do they think they are kidding? If the Admiral wants that officer canned,he is canned. After all,who is going to tell the Admiral in command that he can't can someone for any reason he wants,or even no reason at all?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 05:20:17 am »
Must have grabbed the wrong drug shipment....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis