Author Topic: With shelters at capacity, hundreds of migrants are being released in El Paso streets  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With shelters at capacity, hundreds of migrants are being released in El Paso streets

El Paso Matters - Yesterday 7:43 PM

Large groups of migrants – the vast majority Venezuelan men – were released into the streets of El Paso the last two days by border enforcement agents as shelters that typically receive them are at capacity.

And more street releases may be necessary as there has been a significant increase in migrant encounters the past few days – more than 1,000 a day on average – border law officials said.

“As we process migrants in our custody, we will do so with the goal of treating everyone in our custody in a respectful, safe and humane manner,” officials with the El Paso sector of the U.S. Border Patrol said in a statement to El Paso Matters. “Migrants will be provisionally released near community shelters, homeless shelters, and bus stations throughout the city of El Paso.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-shelters-at-capacity-hundreds-of-migrants-are-being-released-in-el-paso-streets/ar-AA11BQn2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=19063d8d526046aeb31d0aaa287eba83
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:02:21 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson