Author Topic: Football season 2022 - a running thread  (Read 12748 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Football season 2022 - a running thread
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2023, 04:48:28 pm »
I'd say the Heisman was handed to the wrong college QB.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2023, 05:09:27 pm »
You got that right.  Bennett has ice water in his veins.  Back to back national championships.  And to think that he was a walk-on his freshman year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2023, 05:15:50 pm »
In the Heisman vote, Bennett came in 4th behind Caleb Williams, Max Duggan, and C.J. Stroud.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2023, 05:20:02 pm »
In the Heisman vote, Bennett came in 4th behind Caleb Williams, Max Duggan, and C.J. Stroud.

All I can say is the Houston Texans may be the most inept sports franchise in history.

All they had to do Sunday, is do one thing.......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2023, 05:20:49 pm »
All I know is that Georgia (there only because Ohio State missed a last second field goal in the playoff game) came ready to play last night and TCU obviously did not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2023, 05:24:03 pm »
All I can say is the Houston Texans may be the most inept sports franchise in history.

All they had to do Sunday, is do one thing.......

The Bears won't draft Bennett.  Most likely, the Texans will give up their first round pick next year to trade up, and then draft the person they could have had at #2 for more money.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2023, 05:48:44 am »
The pro football graveyard is littered with old quarterbacks who blew out their college-age competition but hit a brick wall in the pros. Chris Wienke and Josh Booty are two of the most recent.

I'm willing to bet that Stetson Bennett is not going to be the next great NFL star.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2023, 07:25:33 pm »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2023, 04:44:45 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2023, 03:13:34 am »
Tom Brady sucks.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2023, 05:31:33 am »
Tom Brady sucks.

As an arrogant pr!ck?...  Yeah.

As a football player, he's amassed records and championships that doubtful will ever be broken.  If that's sucky, I'd take  the suction any day.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 05:32:31 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2023, 09:56:13 am »
Has any team ever cut a kicker during a game?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2023, 02:47:31 pm »
Has any team ever cut a kicker during a game?
LOLOLOL....heck I think either you or I could have made 1 out of 4...lol.  I'd venture to guess the Cowgirls have another kicker against the 49er's.  I actually do feel sorry for Brady for having to retire after a horrible performance.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:48:40 pm by mrpotatohead »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2023, 02:56:52 pm »
As a football player, he's amassed records and championships that doubtful will ever be broken.  If that's sucky, I'd take  the suction any day.

As a football player, he has always been blessed with a great offensive line, a solid defense on the other side of the ball, and a gift for completing 5-yd passes to completely open receivers.  His yards per catch ratio may be the lowest of any QB in NFL history.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2023, 03:27:01 pm »
As a football player, he has always been blessed with a great offensive line, a solid defense on the other side of the ball, and a gift for completing 5-yd passes to completely open receivers.  His yards per catch ratio may be the lowest of any QB in NFL history.

I don't like the guy, but 89K passing yards and 7 rings?  That's a lot of 5 yd. passes.  :silly:, and second tier players don't deliver in the clutch like he does.   

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2023, 05:47:30 pm »
I actually do feel sorry for Brady for having to retire after a horrible performance.
@mrpotatohead
I think he'll be back one more year.  Not with the Bucs.  His ego is writing checks his body can't cash.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2023, 06:34:59 pm »
Supposedly, Brady chose football over his family. Not smart, especially considering this season's mediocrity.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2023, 03:54:27 pm »
Yesterday was really bananas.

Giants vs Eagles.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2023, 05:48:14 pm »
I'm getting the feeling the NFL really wanted to be sure KC and Philadelphia won.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2023, 02:45:43 am »
Cowgirls lose.  Life is good.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2023, 03:43:31 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2023, 11:09:22 pm »