Author Topic: Football season 2022 - a running thread  (Read 12739 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Football season 2022 - a running thread
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2023, 03:02:00 pm »
How about those Froggies! My brother went to TCU on an athletic scholarship.  We used to go watch TCU football when they were HORRIBLE and there were only a very few fans in the stands.

Go frogs!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2023, 02:24:09 am »
Tulane Green Wave beats the University of Spoiled Children Prettyboys in the Cotton Bowl.

Highlights:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2023, 02:45:42 am »
No way is the Bills/Bengals game going to continue...

Safety Damar Hamlin, 24, collapsed after a routine play.

Moderna claims another...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2023, 02:56:26 am »
Very scary situation in Cincinnati tonight. Buffalo defensive back Damar Hamlin collapsed after a hit and had to be resuscitated. Game is suspended until further notice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2023, 03:01:37 am »
Very scary situation in Cincinnati tonight. Buffalo defensive back Damar Hamlin collapsed after a hit and had to be resuscitated. Game is suspended until further notice.

Why no update from the hospital?

He's gone...unable to breathe without machine.  They'll probably announce it once the stadium is emptied.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2023, 03:04:52 am »
You know this is the turning point...it's Fauci's 'Waterloo'.

If this can become the Poster for the Covid vaccine debacle.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:12 am »
The consensus seems to be commotio cordis, which happens when a person takes a blow to the chest just as the heart is beating, causing a cardiac arrest. It's happened a few times, most recently in the NFL in 1971, a guy named Chuck Hughes.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:43 am »
Critical condition announced.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2023, 03:09:16 am »
A college classmate, his son and grandson are at the game. A retired pastor and Bills fan, he led the people in his section of the stands in prayer.

The hit didn't look that severe, but the receiver's shoulder seems to have caught him in just the spot on his chest to traumatize the heart and cause it to stop beating. It's hard not to wonder whether vaccination did any damage (or was a factor at all). 24-year-olds should not collapse to the ground. A 28 y/o coworker of mine died suddenly of an undiagnosed heart condition - obviously not a vax situation. I think we can wait for clarification.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 03:15:39 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2023, 03:10:44 am »
Prayers up for Damar Hamlin and his family.  To say it's related to the vaccine at this point is ridiculous.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2023, 03:20:25 am »
Prayers up for Damar Hamlin and his family.  To say it's related to the vaccine at this point is ridiculous.

Really?  How so?

Praying for Damar.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 03:22:22 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2023, 03:23:53 am »
No way is the Bills/Bengals game going to continue...

Safety Damar Hamlin, 24, collapsed after a routine play.

I hate to say it, but I think this is just the beginning.
Let it burn.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2023, 03:29:18 am »
A retired NFL lineman in his 30s died today of congestive heart failure,  I understand  (don't  have his name handy).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2023, 03:31:42 am »
Really?  How so?

Praying for Damar.

So you are his emergency room physician?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2023, 03:35:35 am »
Really?  How so?

Praying for Damar.

Because—and I know my name probably doesn't carry a lot of weight around here on this topic because of my stance on a lot of the anti-vax stuff that gets tossed about on here —we have no idea about Hamlin's vaccination record. Which vaccine(s) he took, how many doses, when those doses happened.

What we do know is that Hamlin has been playing throughout the season and much of last without any sign of heart issues.

We do know that football players can, and rarely do, take blows that can be fatal. Football is a contact sport; these things happen.

We do know that not a single adult American football player has died of a circulatory-related issue since before the vaccine was released in 2021. If this were a real phenomenon, we'd've seen it in less than the full year and a half since the vaccines were released, especially given how quickly the vaccines' intended effects have faded.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2023, 03:36:36 am »
A retired NFL lineman in his 30s died today of congestive heart failure,  I understand  (don't  have his name handy).

His name was Uche Nwaneri. He was 38 years old, and collapsed from a heart attack. Although his death was announced today, I think it actually happened a couple of days ago. Link from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/1610011963479711748
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2023, 03:41:10 am »
So you are his emergency room physician?

No. I'm not. But that doesn't preclude my asking real serious questions that, if everything were on the up and up, would get real serious answers without any problems.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2023, 03:42:13 am »
In order to play in the NFL, you had to be vaccinated.

Aaron Rogers counterfeits his 'paper's.

Don't you remember?

That said Brian Kilmead just talked about a case where the heart area is hit in between beats....need a defibrillator asap

Offline Idiot

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2023, 03:52:04 am »
In order to play in the NFL, you had to be vaccinated.

Aaron Rogers counterfeits his 'paper's.

Don't you remember?

That said Brian Kilmead just talked about a case where the heart area is hit in between beats....need a defibrillator asap
It's sad watching ESPN try to fill 2 hours of prime time saying absolutely nothing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2023, 03:59:58 am »

Let's assume his heart stopped beating and that he immediately went unconscious from lack of blood flow to the brain.  So the questions are

• How much time elapsed between his collapse and CPR being initiated?

• Was a defibrillator used on the field?

• Was it successful in restarting his heart?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2023, 04:00:42 am »
It's sad watching ESPN try to fill 2 hours of prime time saying absolutely nothing.

And ABC.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2023, 04:07:44 am »
Can you imagine the BILLIONS of $$$ in betting and advertising that was lost by shutting the game down?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2023, 05:07:57 am »
Can you imagine the BILLIONS of $$$ in betting and advertising that was lost by shutting the game down?
funny you should mention that.

An ESPN analyst hopped onto Twitter, one with an obviously Italian name, and demanded they resume the game because he had a parlay riding on the result.

You couldn't be more obvious of a mobster if you tried.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2023, 05:19:03 am »
An ESPN analyst hopped onto Twitter, one with an obviously Italian name, and demanded they resume the game because he had a parlay riding on the result.

If he bet the Under, he should be good.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2023, 03:54:54 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-