General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Football season 2022 - a running thread

(1/20) > >>

jmyrlefuller:
NFL season kicks off tonight. College and high school seasons are underway.

Discuss pigskin here.

DefiantMassRINO:
Does the NFL have any plans to make footballs from plants?  Or, at least make footballs from humanely raised organic free range pigs?

I think it will be a race between the NY Jets and NE Patriots to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

The reluctance to formally name offensive and defensive coordinators is a tell that they have nothing. 

This is another "rebuilding" year that Brady was desperate to avoid in the waning days of his career, hence, one reason why he left.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on September 08, 2022, 09:41:40 pm ---
NFL season kicks off tonight. College and high school seasons are underway.

Discuss pigskin here.

--- End quote ---

Von Miller leaves SuperBowl Champion RAMS to join the BILLS

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- There's a voice in Von Miller's head during the big moments. At the end of games, when his team needs a play and everything is on the line.

Up by 3 with 1:25 left in Super Bowl LVI last February, the Los Angeles Rams defense needed a stop. All game long, Miller -- then a Rams outside linebacker -- had been setting the Cincinnati Bengals up to use his ghost move in the pass rush.

Finally, it was time to unleash it.

"You can do it. You are a pro. This is what you were made for," Miller likes to tell himself.

"It's that voice in your head. I want to do everything I possibly can to put myself in a good situation," Miller said. "It's all positive talk cause I've done everything I possibly could do to be successful."

Miller and defensive tackle Aaron Donald combined for four sacks and 11 QB pressures in the Super Bowl victory. Miller, who tied Charles Haley for the most career sacks in Super Bowl history (4.5), thrived in the postseason when Los Angeles needed him most -- his postseason pass rush win rate of 41.5% was the highest by a player in a single postseason (with a minimum of 30 pass rush plays) since ESPN started tracking that metric in 2017

https://www.espn.com/nfl/

BILLS vs. RAMS  8PM  on NBC

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: DefiantMassRINO on September 08, 2022, 10:04:30 pm ---Does the NFL have any plans to make footballs from plants?  Or, at least make footballs from humanely raised organic free range pigs?

I think it will be a race between the NY Jets and NE Patriots to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

The reluctance to formally name offensive and defensive coordinators is a tell that they have nothing. 

This is another "rebuilding" year that Brady was desperate to avoid in the waning days of his career, hence, one reason why he left.

--- End quote ---
Considering they were a wild-card team this past year, that surprises me a little bit. You'd think that they'd have a little more faith in the team they have after that. I mean, even Brady had years where he was bounced early in the playoffs.

But then again, a big function of that is the division competition and Buffalo is STACKED (which I never thought I'd ever see them be favorites; I'm waiting for how this can go wrong, because it ALWAYS seems to), plus Miami is a wildcard contender, anyway. The Jets, well, they're gonna Jets.

DCPatriot:
WOW!

The Buffalo Bills take the opening drive of the season and 'walk' into the end zone

Is this an omen?  Who in the hell needs THAT kind of pressure and expectation at THIS time??

As GHWB might say: "Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture".   happy77 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version