Author Topic: NFL to Play ‘Black National Anthem’ at Super Bowl LVII  (Read 1264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL to Play ‘Black National Anthem’ at Super Bowl LVII
« on: February 12, 2023, 04:16:38 pm »

Dylan Gwinn 12 Feb 2023

This year’s Super Bowl will feature the singing of Lift Every Voice and Sing, otherwise known as the black national anthem, before the start of this year’s game.

The song will be sung before the U.S. national anthem.

According to Mashable, “If the Super Bowl is your introduction to national treasure Sheryl Lee Ralph, welcome. The veteran singer-actress is set to take the Super Bowl stage Sunday to perform what is known as the Black national anthem, “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” She’s joined by country singer Chris Stapleton singing the national anthem and R&B star Babyface performing “America the Beautiful.'”

Ralph gushed at the opportunity to perform the song a the Super Bowl.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be singing at the Super Bowl,” she told reporters.

https://twitter.com/thesherylralph/status/1624240122555432960

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/02/12/nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-lvii/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: NFL to Play ‘Black National Anthem’ at Super Bowl LVII
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 04:17:33 pm »
 February 12, 2023 8:00am EST

Chris Stapleton sings national anthem: Small-town Kentucky beginnings to America’s biggest stage
Here are five things to know about Chris Stapleton ahead of his performance at the big game

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/chris-stapleton-sings-national-anthem-country-star-small-town-kentucky-beginnings-americas-biggest-stage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 04:20:38 pm »

Dylan Gwinn 12 Feb 2023

This year’s Super Bowl will feature the singing of Lift Every Voice and Sing, otherwise known as the black national anthem, before the start of this year’s game.

The song will be sung before the U.S. national anthem.

According to Mashable, “If the Super Bowl is your introduction to national treasure Sheryl Lee Ralph, welcome. The veteran singer-actress is set to take the Super Bowl stage Sunday to perform what is known as the Black national anthem, “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” She’s joined by country singer Chris Stapleton singing the national anthem and R&B star Babyface performing “America the Beautiful.'”

Ralph gushed at the opportunity to perform the song a the Super Bowl.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be singing at the Super Bowl,” she told reporters.

https://twitter.com/thesherylralph/status/1624240122555432960

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/02/12/nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-lvii/
That's fine if they sing the Indian, Oriental, Hispanic, Anglo, etc national anthems as well.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 04:25:37 pm »
One Nation Under God. One Anthem.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 04:35:06 pm »
One Nation Under God. One Anthem.

...and it should be the "Battle Hymn of the Republic"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkIUsV36f4
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 05:03:52 pm »
I don't plan on turning on the TV today...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 05:11:11 pm »
It's pretty cool that Chris Stapleton is singing the national anthem. The man has a truly amazing voice and he's a hell of a musician and songwriter in his own right.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 05:15:17 pm »
So we're catering to one ethnic group that represents 10% of the population with their own nat'l anthem.

Do they wish to be seen as not part of this country? Not citizens? Separate, not subject to any laws, rules, regulations or policies, except to loot the Govt of what money and special privilege they can get?

They are sending the wrong signal to the rest of the nation, especially other ethnic groups, of which they are not the largest.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 05:17:24 pm »
Haven't watched a SB since the inception of BLM and the shitstorm it started.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 05:18:38 pm »
I don't plan on turning on the TV today...

And miss Kudlow on FBN?

That isn't going to happen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2023, 05:26:17 pm »
I'll likely watch some of the SB, since Mahomes is playing.  He played at TTU when my niece attended.  He was very well liked.  Kind of neat having two professing Christians in the SB.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2023, 05:36:17 pm »
So we're catering to one ethnic group that represents 10% of the population with their own nat'l anthem.

Do they wish to be seen as not part of this country? Not citizens? Separate, not subject to any laws, rules, regulations or policies, except to loot the Govt of what money and special privilege they can get?

They are sending the wrong signal to the rest of the nation, especially other ethnic groups, of which they are not the largest.

Exactly

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023, 05:56:52 pm »
Exactly

Hope those corporations who are spending $6.5M for 30 second ads are watching the ratings stagnation of how the NFL has progressed in the woke era.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 06:37:57 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2023, 06:32:58 pm »

They may on represent 10% of the population, but they represent probably 75 percent of the league's rosters.

That said, there is only one National Anthem.  It's just another way to divide/separate us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 07:52:26 pm »
The United States of America has one - and only one - national anthem, thanks.
 I'd like to propose an alternative to the fake alternative black national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ZsNoufua8
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2023, 08:00:17 pm »
So then White people, Hispanics, Asians, and dozens of other ethnicities in America can just ignore it, right?
If it is the "Black National Anthem", then necessarily it only applies to Black people.

I wonder what nation the Black "National" Anthem applies to? It is definitely NOT America. Maybe they are talking about Somalia?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:01:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2023, 09:17:50 pm »
So then White people, Hispanics, Asians, and dozens of other ethnicities in America can just ignore it, right?
If it is the "Black National Anthem", then necessarily it only applies to Black people.

I wonder what nation the Black "National" Anthem applies to? It is definitely NOT America. Maybe they are talking about Somalia?
I wonder how many AMERICANS will hit the mute or tune out the second that 'special person' anthem comes on and use the time to something really important, like take a leak.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2023, 09:21:47 pm »
I wonder how many AMERICANS will hit the mute or tune out the second that 'special person' anthem comes on and use the time to something really important, like take a leak.
Not sure what I will be doing, but it will NOT be watching the game.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2023, 09:40:40 pm »
Not sure what I will be doing, but it will NOT be watching the game.
Well since the only time I watched any football was when the announcer called out 'It's Gabriel to Snow' and the only other times where when my daughter played fastpitch or now my grandson playing sports there is no way I will tune in, not even for the ads.

Online rustynail

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2023, 10:34:17 pm »
NFL, Not For Light Skinned?  Feels like they don't want Whites to watch.  OK then.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2023, 10:36:18 pm »
Yep.
You can tell by water usage. No doubt it will surge when this racist abomination comes on. Even most Black do not care about this crap at all. This stuff only matters to a small group of racist Black militants and their far Left snow White communist supporters. For everyone else who are all Americans, the American National Anthem is just fine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2023, 10:49:59 pm »
I won't have a clue what they do unless someone tells me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2023, 11:28:53 pm »
I won't be watching.
(have never watched a Super Bowl, ever...)