Author Topic: Football season 2022 - a running thread  (Read 12750 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Football season 2022 - a running thread
« on: September 08, 2022, 09:41:40 pm »
NFL season kicks off tonight. College and high school seasons are underway.

Discuss pigskin here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Football season 2022 - a running thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:04:30 pm »
Does the NFL have any plans to make footballs from plants?  Or, at least make footballs from humanely raised organic free range pigs?

I think it will be a race between the NY Jets and NE Patriots to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

The reluctance to formally name offensive and defensive coordinators is a tell that they have nothing. 

This is another "rebuilding" year that Brady was desperate to avoid in the waning days of his career, hence, one reason why he left.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 10:20:16 pm »

NFL season kicks off tonight. College and high school seasons are underway.

Discuss pigskin here.

Von Miller leaves SuperBowl Champion RAMS to join the BILLS

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- There's a voice in Von Miller's head during the big moments. At the end of games, when his team needs a play and everything is on the line.

Up by 3 with 1:25 left in Super Bowl LVI last February, the Los Angeles Rams defense needed a stop. All game long, Miller -- then a Rams outside linebacker -- had been setting the Cincinnati Bengals up to use his ghost move in the pass rush.

Finally, it was time to unleash it.

"You can do it. You are a pro. This is what you were made for," Miller likes to tell himself.

"It's that voice in your head. I want to do everything I possibly can to put myself in a good situation," Miller said. "It's all positive talk cause I've done everything I possibly could do to be successful."

Miller and defensive tackle Aaron Donald combined for four sacks and 11 QB pressures in the Super Bowl victory. Miller, who tied Charles Haley for the most career sacks in Super Bowl history (4.5), thrived in the postseason when Los Angeles needed him most -- his postseason pass rush win rate of 41.5% was the highest by a player in a single postseason (with a minimum of 30 pass rush plays) since ESPN started tracking that metric in 2017

https://www.espn.com/nfl/

BILLS vs. RAMS  8PM  on NBC

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 12:30:48 am »
Does the NFL have any plans to make footballs from plants?  Or, at least make footballs from humanely raised organic free range pigs?

I think it will be a race between the NY Jets and NE Patriots to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

The reluctance to formally name offensive and defensive coordinators is a tell that they have nothing. 

This is another "rebuilding" year that Brady was desperate to avoid in the waning days of his career, hence, one reason why he left.
Considering they were a wild-card team this past year, that surprises me a little bit. You'd think that they'd have a little more faith in the team they have after that. I mean, even Brady had years where he was bounced early in the playoffs.

But then again, a big function of that is the division competition and Buffalo is STACKED (which I never thought I'd ever see them be favorites; I'm waiting for how this can go wrong, because it ALWAYS seems to), plus Miami is a wildcard contender, anyway. The Jets, well, they're gonna Jets.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 12:32:39 am »
WOW!

The Buffalo Bills take the opening drive of the season and 'walk' into the end zone

Is this an omen?  Who in the hell needs THAT kind of pressure and expectation at THIS time??

As GHWB might say: "Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture".   happy77 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 01:04:38 am »
WOW!  part II

Collingsworth says "Geez...I feel like I'm watching 'Tom Brady' out there!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 01:57:22 am »
Georgia sure drummed Oregon last week in their opener... They may be the team to watch this year. I will be rooting for Auburn as usual, but not expecting much...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 03:31:28 am »
...and with that, we're off and running with Buffalo knocking off the Rams 31-10.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 03:47:17 am »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:48:35 am by jmyrlefuller »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 12:58:43 am »
Iowa and South Dakota State set football back 100 years...

No touchdowns were scored in this game.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 01:48:56 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 01:49:02 pm »
Hey, forgive me. I'm autistic. Sometimes I come off dry like that.

:beer:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 08:27:46 pm »
All I can say is.....I refuse to watch pro football other than to watch the Dallas Cowboys lose.  It was spectacular!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 09:24:28 pm »
All I can say is.....I refuse to watch pro football other than to watch the Dallas Cowboys lose.  It was spectacular!

Word.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 10:32:56 pm »
Word.

Love it.......As a long suffering Lions fan, you take joy where you can find it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2022, 10:24:44 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2022, 09:28:00 am »

Did any of you folks...I mean the ones who run in here only to declare they won't watch, ever see such a scary good football team before?   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »
@DCPatriot
Did you catch some of the pregame festivities last night?

Marv Levy, 97 years young, showed up with Kelly, Bruce and several others.

You have to say this about the Bills Mafia: it's a family, from the fans through the alumni and the current team. You just don't get that kind of loyalty very many other places.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 08:17:36 pm »
Your Bills are looking pretty darn good, jmyrle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 08:27:04 pm »
@DCPatriot
Did you catch some of the pregame festivities last night?

Marv Levy, 97 years young, showed up with Kelly, Bruce and several others.

You have to say this about the Bills Mafia: it's a family, from the fans through the alumni and the current team. You just don't get that kind of loyalty very many other places.

@jmyrlefuller

First, you have to understand the winter elements in Western New York on Lake Erie. 

Add the fact, it's an open air stadium not a dome.

The Bills Mafia are simply very loyal fans who have cried for decades and now have started to smile and feel good.
And every woman I know is in love with Josh Allen.  Jersey and all!

Jim Kelly and Levy took the BILLS to 4 CONSECUTIVE SUPER BOWLS!!!   

To accomplish that feat in contrast with current statistics...truly awesome. 

The only negative about the BILLS' franchise is what O.J. Simpson did to the brand.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 08:29:25 pm »
I think the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC East.

The Patriots having two offensive co-ordinators is a terrible idea.  They might be able to make a run for a Wild Card if their defense improves during the season, and they avoid the injury bug.

Coach Belichick was a defensive coach under Bill Parcells.  Offense is not his strong point.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 08:52:10 pm »
Your Bills are looking pretty darn good, jmyrle.
Now if they can only stay healthy!

Injuries are always the wildcard when it comes to success. And lately the Bills have been lucky. But this year, they've had quite a few.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 04:56:35 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Just found out that the BILL-DOLPHINS game at 1PM on CBS will NOT be a nationally televised game.

Think here in D.C. we'll get the RAVENS-PATRIOTS (to soothe the Balt/Wash corridor/region)
or the CHIEFS-COLTS...and who gives a sh*t about that one??  LOL!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:40 pm »
40 Years Ago  -  Stanford v. Cal

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-