Author Topic: DC Mayor Declares Public Emergency Over Illegal Migrants Bused From Texas  (Read 386 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC Mayor Declares Public Emergency Over Illegal Migrants Bused From Texas 

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
September 08, 2022
1:44 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Democrat Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser declared a public emergency Thursday in response to the efforts of Texas and Arizona to bus illegal migrants to the nation’s capital.

The declaration allows more funding to go to supporting the illegal migrants and to give the city more power to provide resources to address the growing issue, Bowser said during a news conference. Republican Govs. Greg Abbott of Texas and Doug Ducey of Arizona began bussing illegal migrants from the border to Washington, D.C. to send a message to the Biden administration about the border surge in April and May, respectively.

A migrant bused from Texas take selfies in D.C. Jennie Taer//Daily Caller News Foundation

Bowser’s declaration establishes several new pathways illegal migrants can receive support and establishes a Migrant Services Office to provide services to illegal migrants arriving from the border and allows city officials to allocate additional funding.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/08/immigration-border-bowser-abbott/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: DC Mayor Declares Public Emergency Over Illegal Migrants Bused From Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 07:08:00 pm »
DC Mayor Declares Public Emergency Over Illegal Migrants Bused From Texas 

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
September 08, 2022
1:44 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Democrat Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser declared a public emergency Thursday in response to the efforts of Texas and Arizona to bus illegal migrants to the nation’s capital.

The declaration allows more funding to go to supporting the illegal migrants and to give the city more power to provide resources to address the growing issue, Bowser said during a news conference. Republican Govs. Greg Abbott of Texas and Doug Ducey of Arizona began bussing illegal migrants from the border to Washington, D.C. to send a message to the Biden administration about the border surge in April and May, respectively.

A migrant bused from Texas take selfies in D.C. Jennie Taer//Daily Caller News Foundation

Bowser’s declaration establishes several new pathways illegal migrants can receive support and establishes a Migrant Services Office to provide services to illegal migrants arriving from the border and allows city officials to allocate additional funding.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/08/immigration-border-bowser-abbott/

Gee, more funding for the ILLEGALS!  This shows that the idea of busing them to different cities is futile and defeats the purpose.  The ILLEGALS are still getting a free ride on the taxpayer dime.

DEPORT THEM ALL!!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 07:18:52 pm »
Gee, one might come to the conclusion that declaring themselves as a "sanctuary" city was nothing more than virtue signalling. 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 09:30:11 pm »
Gee, more funding for the ILLEGALS!  This shows that the idea of busing them to different cities is futile and defeats the purpose.  The ILLEGALS are still getting a free ride on the taxpayer dime.

DEPORT THEM ALL!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your last statement. But it ain't gonna happen. Maybe these Dem mayors will b*tch enough there might be some action from the administration. Probably not, but I am the original cock-eyed optimist. Nothing else seems to be working.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 10:21:32 pm »
It's working.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.