Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces  (Read 43321 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 06:19:54 pm »
Queen Elizabeth made it clear at her Jubilee that Charles will be King.

...and Camilla, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom

What is difference between queen and queen consort?
While a queen consort holds the female equivalent of her husband's title(s) and has a fancy crown all to herself, she does *not* share the king's sovereignty nor does she share his political and military powers.Feb 24, 2022
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:20:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2022, 06:20:07 pm »
RIP Elisabeth.

Now, things will get interesting.

Changes are coming for Britain and I don't think in a good way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2022, 06:21:32 pm »
...and Camilla, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom

Sigh.... I'm just not a fan. 

But, she and Charles are England's problem now.

We definitely have our own problems.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2022, 06:21:50 pm »
Changes are coming for Britain and I don't think in a good way.

Well they have a new Conservative PM...the King really has no power...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2022, 06:26:45 pm »
The new PM said Chuck's official tittle is: King Charles the 3rd. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2022, 06:27:19 pm »
I'm sort of um, indifferent?  :shrug: I'm not happy, it's tragic, but she lived a full long life. I didn't know her obviously.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2022, 06:28:17 pm »
Well they have a new Conservative PM...the King really has no power...

The clown prince has used his standing to maximize his soap box for envirowhacko causes.  I don't see that ending.

The UK is definitely getting a downgrade.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2022, 06:29:55 pm »
The clown prince has used his standing to maximize his soap box for envirowhacko causes.  I don't see that ending.

The UK is definitely getting a downgrade.

Yeah, Charles is woke, which will be a big difference. But maybe the UK will finally get rid of the monarchy, which has pretty much run it's course anyway and is probably racist.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2022, 06:36:35 pm »
The new PM said Chuck's official tittle is: King Charles the 3rd.

Charles I ?

* Parliament revolted and dissolved 1629
*  Cromwell and English Civil War.  Charles Dethroned- 1642
* Captured and Executed- 1649

Hope Chucky has better luck...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2022, 06:37:05 pm »

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1567943422836621312

Queen Elizabeth II, Great Britain’s longest-serving monarch, died Thursday at her Balmoral estate in Scotland — putting in motion a special plan for memorial events dubbed “Operation Unicorn.”

What happens under Operation Unicorn?

With the Queen’s passing at her beloved Balmoral, her body will be taken via royal train to Edinburgh where she will rest in state at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Mirror reported.

Her coffin will then be taken to St Giles’ Cathedral, also in Edinburgh, for a brief period.

Holyroodhouse and St Giles’ Cathedral are expected to be the main sites where mourners can pay their respects in Scotland.

Under the plans, the late monarch’s coffin will then make a final, five-hour journey back to London on the royal train.

After returning to the capital, the Queen’s body will be taken to the throne room of Buckingham Palace.

How this changes Operation London Bridge

Operation London Bridge is the all-hands protocol that is in place if the Queen is to die in London and set in motion a 10-day mourning period ahead of her funeral.

After the initial events of Operation Unicorn are carried out and the Queen’s body arrives back in London from Scotland, Operation London Bridge will proceed, according to leaked details reported by Politico and the Guardian in recent years.

Her coffin will then be taken to St Giles’ Cathedral, also in Edinburgh, for a brief period.

Holyroodhouse and St Giles’ Cathedral are expected to be the main sites where mourners can pay their respects in Scotland.

Under the plans, the late monarch’s coffin will then make a final, five-hour journey back to London on the royal train.

After returning to the capital, the Queen’s body will be taken to the throne room of Buckingham Palace.

How this changes Operation London Bridge

Operation London Bridge is the all-hands protocol that is in place if the Queen is to die in London and set in motion a 10-day mourning period ahead of her funeral.

After the initial events of Operation Unicorn are carried out and the Queen’s body arrives back in London from Scotland, Operation London Bridge will proceed, according to leaked details reported by Politico and the Guardian in recent years.

The London Bridge plan will see the Queen’s coffin rest at Buckingham Palace for three days before a procession through London to the Palace of Westminster, where Parliament sits.

A service will be held at Westminster Hall when the coffin arrives and the Queen will lie in state there for three additional days.

Under the plan, the Queen’s funeral would take place at Westminster Abbey 10 days after her death.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/operation-unicorn-the-plan-if-queen-elizabeth-dies-in-scotland/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2022, 06:39:32 pm »
Kind of an interesting factoid.....

Last reigning monarch not to die on British soil (since she died in Scotland) was George I on 11 Jun 1727 in Germany

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2022, 06:39:37 pm »
Charles Pays Tribute to 'Beloved Mother' Queen Elizabeth II
By James Crawford-Smith On 9/8/22 at 2:32 PM EDT

"The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family. We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I know her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world.

"During this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and sustained by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection in which The Queen was so widely held."

more
https://www.newsweek.com/charles-tribute-mother-queen-elizabeth-1741225
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2022, 06:40:18 pm »
It's official..He has chosen King Charles lll
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:47:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2022, 06:43:07 pm »

Under the plan, the Queen’s funeral would take place at Westminster Abbey 10 days after her death.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/operation-unicorn-the-plan-if-queen-elizabeth-dies-in-scotland/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

This is going to be a very long and mournful process for the family.

It will be interesting to see if Harry sticks around long enough to pay tribute to his grandmother or if he makes some sort of lame excuse to leave and go back to CA before the funeral.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2022, 06:46:29 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2022, 07:18:11 pm »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 07:20:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2022, 07:22:20 pm »
RIP dear lady...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2022, 07:29:36 pm »
Actually remember QEII's Coronation in 1952, being six years old at the time.

Maybe it had something to do with the proximity of the "PEACE BRIDGE" into Fort Erie, Ontario being a 15 minute drive from home...but my Sicilian grandmother had several anniversary plates of the celebration at the time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2022, 07:30:52 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2022, 07:34:45 pm »
My dad was stationed in England with the RAF in the late 50's...it used to be that before a movie began at the theater everyone would stand up and sing God Save The Queen....well, not my dad....my mom would get so mad at him and tell him to just stand you don't have to sing...his reply was always the same..*she's not my Queen*....one of my memories when we lived in England...lol
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2022, 07:36:55 pm »
Yeah, Charles is woke, which will be a big difference. But maybe the UK will finally get rid of the monarchy, which has pretty much run it's course anyway and is probably racist.

I have a feeling that his wokeness will not galvanize the British left to try and get rid of the monarchy.  My sense of it - without much solid evidence, of course - is that William will be the last monarch of the U.K., and the one to shepherd the U.K. into a new post-monarchy period.

One tell will be the degree to which the other commonwealth countries that still have the British crown as their titular head of state will now move to adopt their own heads of state in place of the British crown.  In Australia, for example, there is likely to be a renewal of the republican movement to have an elected homegrown head of state.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2022, 07:37:58 pm »
My dad was stationed in England with the RAF in the late 50's...it used to be that before a movie began at the theater everyone would stand up and sing God Save The Queen....well, not my dad....my mom would get so mad at him and tell him to just stand you don't have to sing...his reply was always the same..*she's not my Queen*....one of my memories when we lived in England...lol

Your dad was correct, particularly if he was a U.S. serviceman at the time.  Standing without singing would have been a respectful compromise, but since he was not a British subject, she wasn't his sovereign.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2022, 07:38:34 pm »

Well, I tend to side with your Dad.

Offline corbe

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2022, 07:47:40 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.