Author Topic: Majority view Trump ‘MAGA’ movement as threat to democracy: Poll  (Read 376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Majority view Trump ‘MAGA’ movement as threat to democracy: Poll
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
September 08, 2022 09:45 AM

A majority of voters view former President Donald Trump's “Make America Great Again” movement as a threat to democracy, including a substantial chunk of Republicans who say the ideology does not represent the party.

About 58% of voters say Trump’s MAGA movement threatens the democratic foundation of the country, including about 25% of Republicans, according to a recent Reuters / Ipsos poll. The sentiment echoes remarks from President Joe Biden in Pennsylvania last week in which he warned voters that the future of democracy was at risk due to “MAGA forces.”

Biden’s speech marked a change in strategy ahead of the midterm elections, with the president leaning into the recent momentum his party has gained in recent weeks, such as Democratic wins in contentious special elections and the FBI raid of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home. However, the speech sparked ire in others, with 59% of respondents saying they believe his remarks would only further divide the country, according to the poll.

Although Trump has remained somewhat popular with the Republican Party, his favorability has taken a hit since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. As a result, 60% of Republicans say they don’t believe the former president’s MAGA movement represents the majority of the GOP, marking an intraparty divide ahead of the midterm elections.

Meanwhile, Biden’s ratings have remained low, with just 39% approving of his job performance, according to the poll. This could spell trouble for Biden and the Democratic Party, as the midterm elections are usually an assessment of how well a president is doing during his term and typically results in a shift of power in Congress if favorability is low.

As a result, Biden has sought to flip the script and shift the midterm focus from being a referendum on his performance to representing a last-ditch effort to save democracy.

“There’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans,” Biden said during his Pennsylvania speech. “It is within our power. It’s in our hands, yours and mine, to stop the assault on American democracy.”

The Reuters / Ipsos poll surveyed 1,003 respondents, including 411 who identified as Democrats and 397 who identified as Republicans. The poll has a credibility interval, meaning a measure of accuracy, of roughly 4 percentage points.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/majority-view-maga-movement-as-threat-democracy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Majority view Trump ‘MAGA’ movement as threat to democracy: Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 02:06:20 pm »
The Reuters / Ipsos poll surveyed 1,003 respondents, including 411 who identified as Democrats and 397 who identified as Republicans. The poll has a credibility interval, meaning a measure of accuracy, of roughly 4 percentage points.

Another bogus poll..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:07:19 pm »
Another bogus poll..

Exactly.  Majority of those questioned were likely liberals.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 02:07:45 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 02:12:10 pm »
Another bogus poll..

Schizophrenic, too.  Over half say "MAGA is a threat!" while a larger majority say "Biden's speech divided the country!"

How can both conclusions be correct?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 02:24:00 pm »

Notice there are no polls around whether people thought that Biden's Blood Red Debacle Speech was a threat to democracy?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 03:04:11 am »
Schizophrenic, too.  Over half say "MAGA is a threat!" while a larger majority say "Biden's speech divided the country!"

How can both conclusions be correct?

Trump came into office with high negatives. He also didn’t get the so called “ Honeymoon period” that newly elected presidents get from voters. Biden did

It could be a sign that Biden’s negatives are now similarly high. Most of Biden’s low polling is a result of issues like the border, crime, and inflation. If this poll is accurate that people believe MAGA is a threat to democracy, then running on that is probably the only option the Democrats have to prevent loosing at least on chamber in Congress. And it may work.

Trump was an unpopular President and so is Biden at this time. Come 2024, voters will want to move beyond the Trump/Biden era
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:10:49 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 01:17:25 pm »
I wonder how much the abortion issue is affecting this poll
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 01:30:45 pm »

Then why do nearly 60% of people in this same  poll give Biden’s speech low marks and give him a 39% approval rating?

Barry Goldwater