Author Topic: World's second-tallest roller coaster is permanently closing  (Read 301 times)

Offline libertybele

World's second-tallest roller coaster is permanently closing
« on: September 07, 2022, 08:16:37 pm »
Very sad.  In my youth I loved going to Cedar Point and would ride the rollercoasters all day!

World's second-tallest roller coaster is permanently closing

An amusement park in Ohio announced Tuesday it would be permanently closing the world’s second-tallest roller coaster.

The decision by Cedar Point comes a year after a small metal object flew off the 420-foot (128-meter) tall Top Thrill Dragster coaster and struck a woman in the head at the park in Sandusky. A state investigation found no evidence that the park acted illegally or had reason to believe the ride was unsafe.

The ride has remained closed since the Aug. 15, 2021 accident. Park officials did not say if the accident influenced their decision to permanently close the coaster, which has operated for 19 years and drawn 18 million riders.

In a statement announcing the closure, the park noted it “legacy of ride innovation continues. Our team is hard at work, creating a new and reimagined ride experience.” It said more details about its plans would be disclosed in the future.............

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/worlds-second-tallest-roller-coaster-155032974.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: World's second-tallest roller coaster is permanently closing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 09:39:36 pm »
No word on the woman's condition.    :pondering:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: World's second-tallest roller coaster is permanently closing
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:13 pm »
I used to go to Cedar Point when I was a kid...before this coaster was built.  It is a great park! One of the first to have one day, all-rides tickets.

Now, alas, I'm a couple of thousand miles away...getting to it was a PITA even when I lived in MI.  It's between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: