Author Topic: Manchin calls Biden's $500B student loan handout 'excessive'  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin calls Biden's $500B student loan handout 'excessive'
« on: September 07, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »
Published September 7, 2022 9:27am EDT
Manchin: Biden $500B student loan handout 'excessive'
Manchin told reporters Tuesday that he 'respectfully disagrees' with student loan handout

By Timothy Nerozzi FOXBusiness

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va. called President Biden's student loan forgiveness initiative "excessive."

Manchin told reporters Tuesday, "I just respectfully disagree on that."

Biden's student loan forgiveness package is estimated to cost around $500 billion, and the White House says they will pay for it with deficit spending.

Biden announced last month that he will cancel $10,000 of federal student loan debt for certain borrowers making less than $125,000 per year, and up to $20,000 for Pell Grant recipients, while extending the pause on federal student loan payments through the end of the year.

Manchin recalled past consultations with constituents who were struggling with student loan debt, telling reporters that he would suggest federal employment to those looking to get on top of repayments.

"I think there’s other ways. When people were calling me from back in West Virginia, I would give them all the options they had that would reduce their loan by going to work in the federal government," Manchin said Tuesday.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/manchin-biden-500b-student-loan-handout-excessive
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Manchin calls Biden's $500B student loan handout 'excessive'
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 01:59:51 pm »
Manchin knows he screwed up and is trying to make up for it but proves he's still a DCP idiot disciple.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 02:07:18 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 02:28:20 pm »
 ////00000////

American workers, taxpayers, and voters love being compelled to pay other peoples' bills while they struggle to pay their own.

This is the continued trend of Government picking winners and assuming the costs of private risk and debt that began with the 2008/2009 financial crisis.

The Federal Government needs to stop subsidizing higher education entirely.  Then, you'll see tuition stop increasing at a rate greater than inflation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 02:32:52 pm »
Manchin is moodier than a blue haired SJW.