Author Topic: Yellen will vow to ‘rid’ US from ‘dependence on fossil fuels’ in Detroit speech  (Read 525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Yellen will vow to ‘rid’ US from ‘dependence on fossil fuels’ in Detroit speech
by Tobias Burns - 09/07/22 6:00 AM ET

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will call out the fossil fuel industry in a Thursday speech on the Biden administration’s economic agenda to be delivered in Detroit, Mich., where oil and gas companies have long held influence in the U.S. auto manufacturing sector.  The visit to Detroit comes on the heels of the Democrats’ passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which includes $14.2 billion worth of subsidies for electric vehicles meant to wean the auto industry off of gasoline in an effort to reduce U.S. transportation emissions that are contributing to a rise in global temperatures.

“We will rid ourselves from our current dependence on fossil fuels,” Yellen’s prepared remarks say.

“Our plan — powered by the Inflation Reduction Act — represents the largest investment in fighting climate change in our country’s history. It will put us well on our way toward a future where we depend on the wind, sun, and other clean sources for our energy,” her remarks continue.

Yellen’s speech will also emphasize the role that private capital can play in addressing climate change, putting her generally in line with the economic, social and corporate governance (ESG) movement. The ESG movement in the financial sector pursues environmental and social equality objectives through divestment practices and getting board members with particular political views elected to company boards.

“By mobilizing private capital, the clean energy tax credits implemented by Treasury will propel our economy and workers to a leadership position in the fastest growing markets and technologies of today and the future, with positive spillovers to the rest of the world. And in the process of boosting domestic clean energy production, the law will support our energy security and insulate us from the type of fossil fuel-driven energy volatility that we’ve seen in the past year,” her remarks say.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3631596-yellen-will-vow-to-rid-us-from-dependence-on-fossil-fuels-in-detroit-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

cuckoo 123

Words fail me.

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I paid $0.33/kilowatt hour on my latest electric bill.  This is not sustainable for private citizens and employers.

I expect it to only increase as generation supply decreases and transmission capacity stagnates.

I'm already experiencing more frequent unplanned disruptions in service.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How is that her job?

Offline rustynail

Yellen will vow to ‘rid’ US from ‘dependence on fossil fuels’ .....by selling All of the SPR?

Biden Mulls More SPR Releases

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/jpmorgan-expects-opec-cut-another-1-million-bd-output-biden-mulls-more-spr-releases

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Delusional...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis