Author Topic: U.S. military is developing plans to open a new testing facility in Saudi Arabia  (Read 213 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. military is developing plans to open a new testing facility in Saudi Arabia

The facility would test new technologies to combat drones, and comes amid increasing security cooperation between Arab states and Israel against Iran.

Sept. 7, 2022, 4:30 AM EDT
By Courtney Kube
The U.S. military command responsible for the Middle East and Iran is developing plans to open a new military testing facility in Saudi Arabia, according to three U.S. defense officials familiar with the plans.

The facility will test new technologies to combat the growing threat from unmanned drones, and it will develop and test integrated air and missile defense capabilities. Early planning by Central Command, or CENTCOM, includes calling the facility the Red Sands Integrated Experimentation Center, drawing a parallel to the White Sands Missile Range, the U.S. military testing facility for extended-range missiles in New Mexico.

While the location has not yet been finalized, the officials said Saudi Arabia makes the most sense because it has large open spaces owned by the government and the ability to test various methods of electronic warfare, like signal-jamming and directed energy, without interfering with nearby population centers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/us-military-developing-plans-open-new-testing-facility-saudi-arabia-rcna46343
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

So with many millions of miles of oceans with islands as well as tens of thousands of acres of existing bombing ranges in the US, why are we sending our leading edge technology to be tested in the heart of terrorist country and allowing "allies" to be involved? 

Offline Kamaji

So with many millions of miles of oceans with islands as well as tens of thousands of acres of existing bombing ranges in the US, why are we sending our leading edge technology to be tested in the heart of terrorist country and allowing "allies" to be involved? 

Probably enviro-fascist regulations in this country.