Author Topic: Democrats try to rewrite history around school closings, reopenings amid learning loss  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 6, 2022 2:00am EDT
Democrats try to rewrite history around school closings, reopenings amid learning loss
The White House said schools reopened 'in spite of Republicans'
By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

White House officials and Democratic lawmakers have attempted in recent days to reframe their position on school reopening policies amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Democrats have argued that they always supported students returning to in-person instruction and that President Biden's massive $1.9 trillion reconciliation package in March 2021 helped facilitate schools reopening nationwide, even though Republican-led states like Florida succeeded in returning students to classrooms well before the Biden stimulus package.

On Thursday, the National Center for Education Statistics released a report showing that, during the pandemic, American students' reading proficiency dropped to a two-decade low and mathematics scores falling for the first time ever.

"Let’s step back to where we were not too long ago when this President walked into this administration: how mismanaged the pandemic — the response to the pandemic was; how 47% of schools were — in less than six months, our schools went from 46% to — open — to nearly all of them being open to full time," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Thursday.

"That was the work of this president and that was the work of Democrats, in spite of Republicans not voting for the American Rescue Plan, which $130 billion went to schools to have the ventilation, to be able to have the tutoring and — and the teachers and being able to hire more teachers," she added. "And that was because of the work that this administration did."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-rewrite-history-school-closings-reopenings-learning-loss
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This is gonna be a hard sell because we have all of their statements and positions easily available.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

This is gonna be a hard sell because we have all of their statements and positions easily available.

Yes, but they have the MSM and the big tech companies, which will actively suppress the old statements and actively promote the new statements.  Just as in 1984.

Offline Hoodat

Democrats try to rewrite history

It's what fascists do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline BellyAche

Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water.

- Miguel de Cervantes
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kamaji

Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water.

- Miguel de Cervantes

- George Orwell

Offline BellyAche

- George Orwell

Or there’s just too much “water”? Into the Orwellian rabbit hole we go?!! *****rollingeyes*****
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kamaji

Or there’s just too much “water”? Into the Orwellian rabbit hole we go?!! *****rollingeyes*****

:rolleyes:  right back atcha

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Oceania has always been at war with East Asia..."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Well, well, well"  (School openings) --- Headlines and video:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1566058067837550594