Author Topic: This Gen-Z Value Could Spell Trouble for Spec Ops Community  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This Gen-Z Value Could Spell Trouble for Spec Ops Community
« on: September 06, 2022, 12:35:40 pm »
This Gen-Z Value Could Spell Trouble for Spec Ops Community

CNA looked at the leadership traits valued by today’s youth, special operators, and strategists of tomorrow.
ELIZABETH HOWE | AUGUST 24, 2022
SPECIAL OPERATIONS ARMY NAVY AIR FORCE PERSONNEL FUTURE OF WAR MARINE CORPS

What Gen Z and millennials want doesn’t exactly line up with what today’s military leaders offer—and a new report suggests there might be particular implications for the Pentagon’s special operations forces.

A study conducted by the Center for Naval Analyses (CNA) compared the leadership traits valued by three groups: today’s special operators, Gen Z and millennials, and the strategic thinkers envisioning tomorrow’s battlefield.

CNA found a lot of overlap. Eleven traits span all three: character, creativity, flexibility, determination, competence, relationship builder, trustworthiness, problem-solver, approachability, empowerment, risk-taker.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/gen-z-value-could-spell-trouble-spec-ops-community/376266/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson