Author Topic: A sailor, harassed by her XO, alleges her superiors didn’t intervene Is ‘see something, say somethin  (Read 218 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A sailor, harassed by her XO, alleges her superiors didn’t intervene
Is ‘see something, say something’ a do-nothing policy?

By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Sep 6, 05:33 AM

(Jacki Belker/Staff)
On May 10, the Navy quietly fired the second-in-command of a Florida-based training unit after an investigation found he sexually harassed female subordinates.

Witnesses recalled how Cmdr. Richard Martinez, then-executive officer of the Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit Jacksonville, told a female petty officer to remove her mask during a November evaluation debrief so that he could see her “pretty face,” or words to that effect, part of a “pattern of making unprofessional and inappropriate comments during the performance evaluation debriefs.”

That same month, Martinez told another female E-6, Petty Officer 1st Class Stanley, that she made her job “look so sexy” during her eval, according to a copy of the investigation obtained by Navy Times. Stanley is a pseudonym as Navy Times does not identify victims of sexual offenses.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/09/06/a-sailor-harassed-by-her-xo-alleges-her-superiors-didnt-intervene/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Note the XO's last name.  It may explain why nothing was done. :pondering: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson