Author Topic: The US military needs a lot more artillery shells, rockets, and missiles for the next war  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US military needs a lot more artillery shells, rockets, and missiles for the next war

It’s time for the military to stock up on things that go boom.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED SEP 5, 2022 9:00 AM

The U.S. military needs to start buying munitions by the proverbial crapload if they want to be prepared for a war with Russia or China.

Back in February 2018, the Army asked Congress for money to buy about 150,000 shells for 155mm howitzers. That represented an 825% increase in the number of shells that the Army wanted to buy.

Events since then have shown that 150,000 shells will not get you far on a modern battlefield. Since February, the United States has provided Ukraine with up to 806,000 shells for 155mm howitzers and another 108,000 shells for 105mm guns, according to the Defense Department. That’s close to 1 million shells in roughly six months, and that figure does not include the precision-guided rockets for the 16 M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, that the U.S. military has also given to Ukraine. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/military-artillery-shells-rockets-missiles-war-russia-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maybe the US can buy weapons from N. Korea just like Russia.  Speaking of things to buy, how about replacing our depleted oil reserves?  I have the impression Biden has no intention of replacing the oil reserve, betting our freedom on green energy. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson