Author Topic: The Migrant Crisis — in Portland, Maine  (Read 284 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Migrant Crisis — in Portland, Maine
« on: September 05, 2022, 06:10:34 pm »
The Migrant Crisis — in Portland, Maine

It’s already struggling with a relative handful of newcomers, and its ability to continue is in doubt

By Andrew R. Arthur on September 5, 2022
To my surprise, there is a migrant crisis in Maine’s largest city, Portland, and it’s straining local and state coffers — and drawing federal cash, too. The locals are compassionate, but their ability to continue housing and providing for illegal entrants from all over the world who were apprehended by DHS and released at the Southwest border is in serious doubt.

FEMA Budget Overview. The Portland migrant crisis was revealed in the FY 2023 budget request for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), a DHS component.

In requesting an additional $24 million (on top of $150 million allocated for FY 2022) for migrants through FEMA’s Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), DHS explained:

The EFSP provides critical resources to communities providing humanitarian relief to thousands of families and individuals encountered by DHS at our nations southern border. Communities in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, and as far reaching as Portland, Maine, are providing food, shelter, transportation, COVID-19 testing, and care associated with recommended quarantining and isolation of this population and incurring the cost of this relief.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Migrant-Crisis-Portland-Maine
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Migrant Crisis — in Portland, Maine
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 06:44:13 pm »
So, how did they get to Maine in the first place?  Who sent them there?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline BellyAche

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt