Author Topic: U.S. flies B-52 bombers over Middle East amid tensions with Iran  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. flies B-52 bombers over Middle East amid tensions with Iran
« on: September 05, 2022, 05:49:00 pm »
U.S. flies B-52 bombers over Middle East amid tensions with Iran
ISABEL DEBRE - 7h ago

The U.S. military said Monday that it flew a pair of nuclear-capable B-52 long-distance bombers over the Middle East in a show of force, the latest such mission in the region as tensions remain high between Washington and Tehran.

The bombers took off from Britain's Royal Air Force base at Fairford, England, and flew over the eastern Mediterranean, the Arabian Peninsula and the Red Sea on Sunday in training missions together with Kuwaiti and Saudi warplanes before departing the region.

“Threats to the U.S. and our partners will not go unanswered.,” Lt. Gen. Alexus Grynkewich, the top U.S. Air Force officer in the Middle East said in a statement. “Missions like this ... showcase our ability to combine forces to deter and, if necessary, defeat our adversaries.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-flies-b-52-bombers-over-middle-east-amid-tensions-with-iran/ar-AA11tQX7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3d43b5e01c154d41bea791100eb49d0a
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:50:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. flies B-52 bombers over Middle East amid tensions with Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 05:53:05 pm »
Has Milley called the Chinese yet to assure them HE won't allow them to be used against China?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson