Author Topic: Chile roundly rejects woke constitution in national vote  (Read 394 times)

Offline libertybele

Chile roundly rejects woke constitution in national vote
« on: September 05, 2022, 05:16:35 pm »
Chile roundly rejects woke constitution in national vote

On September 4, Chileans had a referendum on whether to accept the leftist government's proposed new constitution: a 170-page document containing 388 articles, which would enshrine 100 rights including the right to: a "nutritionally complete" diet; "leisure"; "neurodiversity"; equality for "sexual and gender diversities and dissidences, both in the public and private spheres"; housing; sex parity in all public institutions; and to free education.

Every single one of the nation's 16 regions voted "no."

In the mandatory vote, approximately 62% of Chile's 19 million residents rejected the constitution, which was written by a convention composed equally of men and women.

The proposed constitution would have greatly increased the size, scope, and power of the government.

The stability afforded to the nation by its senate would have been forgone, as the upper chamber of the legislature would have been replaced with a diminished "Chamber of Regions."

According to Javier Couso, professor at Diego Portales University, it would also have made the country a "less business-friendly environment than what the Chilean entrepreneurs are used to." The government could seize mines and other properties, but instead of paying the owners the market value, the government would only have to pay a "fair price" set by one of its judges.

Article 64 of the proposed constitution stated, "Every person has the right to the free development and full recognition of their identity, in all its dimensions and manifestations, including sexual characteristics, gender identities and expressions, and sex-affective orientations." Extra to conferring this right, the state would guarantee the exercise of "identity" through "laws, affirmative actions and procedures."

Also required by the document (under Article 6): Women must compose over 50% of all public institutions' members. While women could compose a supermajority in a given ministry or on a semi-public board, and men but a sliver minority, the reverse would be illegal..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chile-rejects-leftist-constitution
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Chile roundly rejects woke constitution in national vote
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 06:17:10 pm »
Look for Chile's rejected woke constitution to become the democrat platform(already almost there).

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 06:37:33 pm »
Good for the Chileans.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 06:42:49 pm »
Look for Chile's rejected woke constitution to become the democrat platform(already almost there).

It already is part of the Democrat party platform. Haven’t you heard the things coming out of the mouth of Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 06:45:16 pm »
It already is part of the Democrat party platform. Haven’t you heard the things coming out of the mouth of Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren?

:thumbsup: