Author Topic: Liz Truss to be next UK Prime Minister -Breaking  (Read 428 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Liz Truss to be next UK Prime Minister -Breaking
« on: September 05, 2022, 11:40:46 am »
Liz Truss to be next UK PM, beating Rishi Sunak,

Breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Re: Liz Truss to be next UK Prime Minister -Breaking
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 11:44:58 am »
Liz Truss will become UK's next prime minister after beating Rishi Sunak in race to succeed Boris Johnson

Liz Truss will become the next prime minister after defeating Rishi Sunak in the Conservative Party leadership contest.

Ms Truss, who was the favourite to win the contest, will succeed Boris Johnson on Tuesday and become the nation's third female leader.

She secured just over 81,000 to Mr Sunak's just over 60,000.

Mr Johnson, who was forced to announce his resignation after a wave of ministers left his government over a series of controversies, will visit the Queen at Balmoral Castle in Scotland to formally tender his resignation.

https://news.sky.com/story/liz-truss-will-become-uks-next-prime-minister-after-beating-rishi-sunak-in-race-to-succeed-boris-johnson-12686742

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 03:32:26 pm »
Taxes, the economy, energy, the NHS: Liz Truss's Conservative leadership election victory speech in full
The new prime minister-in-waiting told MPs and peers listening to her victory speech that she will "govern as a Conservative... deliver on the energy crisis... and... deliver on the National Health Service".
Monday 5 September 2022 14:23, UK

... "Friends and colleagues, thank you for putting your faith in me to lead our great Conservative Party, the greatest political party on earth.

"I know that our beliefs resonate with the British people - our beliefs in freedom, in the ability to control your own life, in low taxes, in personal responsibility, and I know that's why people voted for us in such numbers in 2019.
Advertisement

"And as your party leader, I intend to deliver what we promised those voters right across our great country.

"During this leadership campaign, I campaigned as a Conservative and I will govern as a Conservative.

"My friends, we need to show that we will deliver over the next two years. I will deliver a bold plan to cut taxes and grow our economy. I will deliver on the energy crisis, dealing with people's energy bills, but also dealing with the long term. ... "Sky News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 05:27:40 pm »
Piers Morgan gave her a less than stellar review this morning on Fox.  So that gives me high hopes for her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 05:29:09 pm »

Russia isn't in charge of the UK's monetary and energy policies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-