Author Topic: Marines Delay First Amphibious Combat Vehicle Deployment Aboard Makin Island ARG  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marines Delay First Amphibious Combat Vehicle Deployment Aboard Makin Island ARG
By: Mallory Shelbourne
August 29, 2022 2:18 PM

The Marine Corps has delayed the first deployment of its new Amphibious Combat Vehicle as it wraps up an investigation into a July training incident, USNI News has learned.

The Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group and the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit will no longer deploy with the ACVs later this year, according to two defense officials.

The Marines need more time for ACV certifications and to work out both logistics and maintenance for the new vehicles, USNI News understands. The investigation into the July incident, in which two ACVs were knocked off their wheels in heavy surf, is ongoing and the service wants to wait until its conclusion before deploying the vehicles.

The Marine Corps paused ACV water operations in July after the two ACVs were disabled during the July training event at Camp Pendleton, Calif. No Marines were injured, USNI News reported at the time. The service said the pause would let the Marine Corps investigate the incident and implement safety measures.

https://news.usni.org/2022/08/29/marines-delay-first-amphibious-combat-vehicle-deployment-aboard-makin-island-arg
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:06:55 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson