Author Topic: Biden Energy Policies: Incoherent, Incompetent, Intolerable  (Read 288 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden Energy Policies: Incoherent, Incompetent, Intolerable
« on: September 05, 2022, 12:25:20 am »
The Post & Email by Paul Driessen 9/3/2022

They raise energy prices, hurt living standards, and impair our future as a law-abiding nation

The U.S. Supreme Court’s 6-3 decision in is truly a landmark ruling. It decisively rejected the Environmental Protection Agency’s attempt to use vague, “previously little-used” language in the Clean Air Act to shutter America’s remaining coal-fired power plants and force the nation to switch to pseudo-renewable energy, in the name of ending the “manmade climate crisis.”

But the decision goes much further. The Court made it clear that federal agenciesmay not impose “major federal actions,” decide “major questions” or implement “transformative expansions” of their regulatory authority without specific statutory authority clearly conferred by Congress.

In other words, federal agencies do not have the power or right to take unilateral actions that effectively transform or undermine major sections of America’s energy, economic or agricultural systems, its industries or its living standards, unless Congress has given them explicit authority to do so.

Such enormously “transformational powers” belong to the American people, acting through legislators they elect to represent them – not to bureaucrats who are not elected and cannot easily be removed from office or otherwise disciplined and held accountable. The intolerable regulatory overreach exhibited by EPA (and too many other federal agencies) violates our Constitution, its “separation of powers” doctrine, and any rational understanding of “legislative intent.”

Many Americans believe West Virginia v. EPA represents a great victory over the regulatory “Deep State.” However, the Court’s ruling will mean little if the Biden Administration refuses to acknowledge the decision and continues doing as it pleases, perhaps reflecting the “progressive” view that

To cite just one example, consider what’s happening with regard to pipeline policy – yet another choke point the Administration is utilizing to force America to terminate fossil fuel use.

Richard Glick, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s radically left chairman, claims the ruling doesn’t apply to him. He insists that several federal district courts – two tiers below the Supreme Court – previously held that the EPA could regulate coal into oblivion. Therefore, he claims, the energy-killing regulations he wants to impose on pipelines can remain in place, or even be made more onerous, unless the Supreme Court specifically overrules him and FERC on that specific matter.

Under this “novel” interpretation, federal agencies can ignore or defy the Supreme Court on any regulations they want to implement – even regulations with major national implications, even rules that could leave people freezing jobless in the dark and perhaps dying from hypothermia – unless and until the Supremes render a decision specifically against those agencies and rules.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2022/09/03/biden-energy-policies-incoherent-incompetent-intolerable/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Biden Energy Policies: Incoherent, Incompetent, Intolerable
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 10:44:30 am »
I   D   I   O   T   I   C   !

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden Energy Policies: Incoherent, Incompetent, Intolerable
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 10:58:17 am »
In the event the Administration refuses to comply with rulings of the SCOTUS, it is out of bounds, Constitutionally--the same Constitution that these people swore to protect and defend.

While I don't claim to be familiar with all the subtle nuances of treason, this sure sounds like it to me--especially because every policy they want to emplace in spite of the SCOTUS ruling is predictably harmful to the nation, its economy, its citizens, and our National Security.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:59:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis