Author Topic: Former GOP rep: Trump gave Democrats ‘major gift’ with speech in Pennsylvania  (Read 890 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former GOP rep: Trump gave Democrats ‘major gift’ with speech in Pennsylvania
by Julia Mueller - 09/04/22 2:40 PM ET

Former Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Charlie Dent on Saturday said former President Trump’s speech at a rally on Saturday night in the Keystone State was a “major gift” for Democrats.

“Most Republican candidates don’t want anything to do with Donald Trump in this general election. They want this to be about Joe Biden and the Democrats, but to the extent Trump inserts himself into this conversation, he’s giving the Democrats a major gift right now,” Dent said on CNN.

The Wilkes-Barre, Pa., rally was billed as support for Republican Senate candidate Mehmet Oz and gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano — but it was also Trump’s first after the FBI executed a search warrant at his Mar-a-Lago residence and recovered classified documents kept after the end of his presidential term.

“I am not so sure that the former President Trump did anyone any good with that speech tonight. Just by showing up in Pennsylvania, he is making the election much more about himself,” Dent said.

Oz, a cardiothoracic surgeon and TV personality, has been falling behind Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman in the state’s Senate race, per recent polling.

“Mehmet Oz I don’t think wants to be anywhere near Donald Trump in this fall election. It doesn’t do him any good. He needs to win swing voters and independents and some Democrats, and it’s hard to do that when Trump is really just playing and pandering to the base,” Dent said. 

Trump during the rally lambasted the FBI for the Mar-a-Lago search, knocking it as “one of the most shocking abuses of power by any administration in American history.”

In the wake of criticisms from Trump and his supporters, FBI agents have weathered an uptick in attacks against law enforcement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3628906-former-gop-rep-trump-gave-democrats-major-gift-with-speech-in-pennsylvania/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

What a load of crappola!!!  His speech last night was one of his best ever. The crowd responded enthusiastically and I believe the leftists trying to shut him down only energizes and expands Trump's base.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This guy isn’t entirely wrong. I wouldn’t go as far as saying Trump have a major gift to Democrats with his rally. But Trump being out there front and center  does allow the Democrats to distract from their disastrous policies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline aligncare

If Trump’s speech last night was a gift to democrats, then Biden’s speech on Thursday was a indefinitely perpetuating endowment to MAGA.

Thank you, Dark Brandon!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Trump’s speech last night was a gift to democrats, then Biden’s speech on Thursday was a indefinitely perpetuating endowment to MAGA.

Thank you, Dark Brandon!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

“Most Republican candidates don’t want anything to do with Donald Trump in this general election. They want this to be about Joe Biden and the Democrats, but to the extent Trump inserts himself into this conversation, he’s giving the Democrats a major gift right now,” Dent said on CNN.

Be sure to let me know the next time any Democrat in a tight race takes the stage with Joe Biden at a campaign event.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Be sure to let me know the next time any Democrat in a tight race takes the stage with Joe Biden at a campaign event.

The whole of Biden’s administration is an illusion, a veritable Potemkin village of one dimensional props, amateur hour for residents of the ha-ha house.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
FORMER republican Rep Charlie Dent,  :pondering: I wonder why and wonder what he is auditioning for?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What a load of crappola!!!  His speech last night was one of his best ever. The crowd responded enthusiastically and I believe the leftists trying to shut him down only energizes and expands Trump's base.

Please explain how your post supports your claim. 

It could be a great speech.

The crowd could be great.

But the impact could be on those who don't like Trump and don't really want a "Trumper" in the senate.

If it drives voters away, it's not a good thing.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Thank you, Dark Brandon!

Can't argue that point. 

Would rather Biden kept running off at the mouth and Trump kept his shut.

Offline Hoodat

But the impact could be on those who don't like Trump and don't really want a "Trumper" in the senate.

Sounds like something Mitt Romney would say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Did you watch the rally @HikerGuy83  I've watched many Trump rallies and IMO his speech in PA was one of his best.  The crowd was 'energized' more so than usual.   

Why would it drive away voters? If anything his speech would motivate voters to place a Trumper in the Senate. 

Either you are willing to stand with someone who wants to take this country in a positive direction or you can stand with someone who wants to continue the destruction of our country. It's that simple; no claims or justification needs to  be made.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Sounds like something Mitt Romney would say.

:yowsa:

Offline LMAO

Right

Energizing a base of supporters and actually getting votes are two different things. Whether some realize it or not Trump’s base are a minority.

Will his speech in Pennsylvania turn off independent voters? Maybe. Maybe not. But there’s gonna be other issues that drive the election whether or not Trump gave a speech
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Right

Energizing a base of supporters and actually getting votes are two different things. Whether some realize it or not Trump’s base are a minority.

Will his speech in Pennsylvania turn off independent voters? Maybe. Maybe not. But there’s gonna be other issues that drive the election whether or not Trump gave a speech

Well, so far the candidates that Trump has endorsed have done fairly well; so judge his speech however you want.  I found it refreshing, especially since he hinted a couple of times that he was planning on running in '24. He spoke the truth; plain and simply.

I get that you don't like the man, but until someone comes forward and announces that they are running, and who has the ability to dodge all the mudslinging from the left and actually stands a chance of winning, Trump will be the nominee, provided he actually runs.  I can almost tell you for certain that the left is going to run someone other than Joe and Harris.

Right now, I'm just praying that this country remains in tact until '24; IMO it will be a near miracle.

Offline libertybele

Right

@LMAO  now you are stating a fact rather than opinion -- do you have a link to support that data?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Right

You missed a great speech @LMAO   Trump spoke of the corruption in WDC and the impact on our lives not just his.  ---- He tore through Biden's policies leaving them in shreds ---- J6 political prisoners, crime, drugs, immigration, spending, energy, foreign policy, parental rights, men in women's sports, CRT  .... nothing was left off the list.  Nor were the opposition politicians --- from both sides of the aisle --- spared exposure.

Trump closed with  a large dose of hope and motivation  ---- a litany of reminders that this country belongs to US.  Our legacy birthright is freedom, self-determination and courage  ---- and come November we will defend our inheritance.

Instead of diminishing him, instead of trying to silence him ---- it would make more sense to demand the conservatives and republicans echo Trump's speech in every town, city and state in the nation; assuming, of course, you want to win.

Offline Longiron

Thank you, Dark Brandon!

:thumbsup: