Author Topic: Exclusive: 362 Migrants Cross Swollen Rio Grande into Texas Border Town  (Read 171 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exclusive: 362 Migrants Cross Swollen Rio Grande into Texas Border Town

Eagle Pass Station Border Patrol agents apprehend a group of more than 360 migrants who crossed the Rio Grande into Texas. (Randy Clark/Breitbart Texas)Randy Clark/Breitbart Texas
RANDY CLARK3 Sep 202293

EAGLE PASS, Texas —  A group of 362 migrants ignored the increased dangers of crossing into Eagle Pass, Texas, early Saturday morning. The group crossed in spite of the unusually swift currents in the Rio Grande caused by recent heavy rains.

A group of mostly nearly 400 Venezuelan, Cuban, and Nicaraguan nationals surrendered to authorities just south of the Eagle Pass, according to a source with Customs and Border Protection. The area where the migrants chose to ford the river has proven deadly to migrants in recent days due to the increased flow of water in the river. Officials identified the members of the group as mostly single adult males and females — several families with young children were also present.

As exclusively reported by Breitbart Texas, on Thursday a group of approximately more than 50 migrants apprehended by the Border Patrol reported seeing several migrants swept away by the strong currents. By Saturday, Border Patrol agents and Mexican officials recovered the bodies of nine drowned migrants swept away while authorities on both sides of the border continue search and recovery efforts. With rains forecasted over the coming days, the deadly conditions are likely to worsen.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/09/03/exclusive-362-migrants-cross-swollen-rio-grande-into-texas-border-town/

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson