Author Topic: Border Patrol issues warning following 9 migrant deaths, asks migrants to 'please avoid crossing ill  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol issues warning following 9 migrant deaths, asks migrants to 'please avoid crossing illegally'

The warning comes after at least nine people died in the Rio Grande earlier this week
By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

Biden's immigration policy slammed as 'inhumane' by former acting ICE director
Former Acting ICE Director Tom Homan says he's never seen migrant numbers like this 'in my career.'

The U.S. Border Patrol is warning migrants attempting to illegally enter the U.S. not to do so amid record-high temperatures and intense weather, which recently resulted in at least nine deaths.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Chief Patrol Agent Jason Owens of the Del Rio Sector released a "warning of extreme importance" to those wanting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border as passage through the Rio Grande has become "more dangerous."

The warning comes as migrants continue to cross the Del Rio Sector by the hundreds, he said.

"The currents of the Rio Grande have become more dangerous due to recent and continuing rainfall and more rain is forecasted for the coming week," Owens said. "Despite these adverse conditions, U.S. Border Patrol, Del Rio Sector continues to encounter more than 100+, 200+ attempting to cross the Rio Grande daily."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-patrol-issues-warning-following-migrant-deaths-asks-migrants-please-avoid-crossing-illegally
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Please avoid crossing illegally??  Please?  How about those that cross illegally WILL be considered an enemy of our country.  We can no longer ensure anyone's safety who crosses illegally. 

Send a clear message to Mexico, Guatemala, Columbia, Venezuela, etc.,  that the U.S. now has a policy of zero tolerance for illegal crossings and those trying to enter will be fired upon.

Harsh yes. But the harsh reality is the brutality that is happening at the border.  It needs to stop period.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.