Author Topic: Marines hone future concepts with dune buggies, liaison officers, and many radios  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Marines hone future concepts with dune buggies, liaison officers, and many radios

SEPTEMBER 04, 2022 CAITLIN M. KENNEY - DEFENSE ONE

For one senior leader in the Pacific, the changes coming to the way Marines fight were acutely demonstrated by the small teams zipping around in Polaris ATVs during a recent exercise.

Brig. Gen. Joseph Clearfield, the deputy commander of U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific, recalled how years ago he had to move around in Humvees or amphibious assault vehicles, and stop to put up a 30-foot antenna whenever he wanted to talk to the rest of his unit.

The commander of MAGTF-7’s battalion landing team “is running all around Oahu right now with four [ultra-light tactical vehicles], so these little dune buggies with four Marines each, and he’s able to communicate on the move and do and have better capability than I did in 11, 12 years ago,” Clearfield said at the bi-annual Rim of the Pacific exercise, or RIMPAC, in July.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/marines-hone-future-concepts-with-dune-buggies-liaison-officers-and-many-radios/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson