Author Topic: Keeping Soldiers Cool In The Middle East Cost The US Military A Whopping Amount  (Read 331 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Keeping Soldiers Cool In The Middle East Cost The US Military A Whopping Amount
Willa Hart - Yesterday 4:00 PM

With summer comes increased temperatures, spiking humidity indexes, and -- for many Americans -- higher energy consumption. Although air conditioning can create year-round comfort for people with a cooling unit, it also sucks up energy, and along with that energy, your hard-earned dollars. In 2018, almost 12% of the average America's energy consumption is spent on A/C, an amount that averages some $265 per household, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Air conditioning costs can be high for the U.S. military, too. According to a 2011 report by NPR, troops stationed in hot areas like Iraq and Afghanistan have historically needed to have access to air conditioning. In these regions -- where the temperature regularly reaches into the high 90s during the summer (via Champion Traveler) -- there have been huge costs associated with keeping American troops cool and comfortable during active military conflicts like the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan. In fact, according to some expert estimates, fuel and infrastructure costs for cooling systems in Iraq and Afghanistan added up to more than $20 billion per year in 2011 (per NPR).

Why A/C Costs So Much

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/keeping-soldiers-cool-in-the-middle-east-cost-the-us-military-a-whopping-amount/ar-AA11qWbN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2246be1bef994004be6c92ebada5c205
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With all the global warming lunatics beating war drums against A/C, will the military even allow it to be used, except in officer quarters, naturally?  Wouldn't that make for great recruiting, you can't use A/C if stationed in the Middle East? :silly: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I simply don't care what it cost to offer respite from the heat for our troops.

This is just another anti A/C article pushing the climate change agenda.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So what?

It's not like THEY were the ones that decided to go there.

And if money is a problem,just take what they need to keep the soldiers comfortable away from the cash given to feed,house,and provide medical care to illegal aliens.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!