Author Topic: Air Force Looking for New Stand-off Attack Weapon  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Looking for New Stand-off Attack Weapon
« on: September 03, 2022, 11:35:28 am »
Air Force Looking for New Stand-off Attack Weapon
Sept. 1, 2022 | By John A. Tirpak

The Air Force is looking for a new, generic weapon, produced by multiple vendors, to affordably attack targets at standoff ranges, with a capability as soon as 2030, according to a service solicitation to the defense industry.

The sam.gov announcement from the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center said the Armament Directorate’s “Disruptive Futures” division is conducting market research for a Stand-off Attack Weapon (SoAW) analysis of alternatives. The Air Force wants to assess the industrial base’s ability to “produce a material solution to this operational objective” with the idea of establishing “a single design for all concepts, with appropriate data rights for the government to potentially distribute the digital design to multiple vendors for production.”

Under the Aug. 23 solicitation, the Air Force wants vendors to submit their ideas in time to discuss the program at an industry day to be held Sept. 27 at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., where the AFLCMC’s armament division is headquartered.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-looking-for-new-stand-off-attack-weapon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson