Author Topic: Congress must put an end to Biden’s ‘come one, come all’ immigration fiasco  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congress must put an end to Biden’s ‘come one, come all’ immigration fiasco 

Opinion BY LORA RIES

UPDATED AUGUST 30, 2022 5:42 PM Nicaraguan migrants walk along the US-Mexico border, in Algodones, Baja California, Mexico, in 2021. They entered the United States, turned themselves over to Border Patrol and asked for asylum.

The Biden administration has opened our southern border to an unlimited number of illegal immigrants from all parts of the globe — and has no intention of changing course. Rather than act to secure our border, it has implemented a three-point border plan:

1. Quickly process illegal immigrants into the country, using NGOs that receive FEMA and HHS grants to transport them to the U.S. interior. 

2. Grant these immigrants parole (albeit in violation of the parole law).

3. Use its new rule to expedite applications for asylum for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens (most of whom are not eligible for asylum). 

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article265096264.html#storylink=cpy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson