Author Topic: Pentagon says China will beat America in new space race  (Read 233 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon says China will beat America in new space race
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:24:48 pm »
Pentagon says China will beat America in new space race
  Samuel DAVIS   September 2, 2022

OPINION:

Sitting on a launch pad, ready for permission to launch, America’s previous, current, and future got here into being with NASA’s abortive Artemis rocket mission. A heavy-lift rocket designed—supposedly—to get us again to the moon inside a decade, the nice machine didn’t work in line with plan. Worry of a malfunction captured the minds of NASA’s bureaucrats they usually “scrubbed” the much-ballyhooed August 29 mission.

“Higher secure than sorry,” wrote somebody on a Fb group that I’m a part of that tracks American house launches. And if that mentality didn’t seize the present zeitgeist in the USA as we speak, I don’t know what does. NASA is struggling to do this which it readily used to do, with nice ease, within the 1970s: Get Individuals safely to and from the lunar floor.

In the meantime, Elon Musk’s tiny (compared to NASA) continues plunging forward with its purpose of constructing a rocket able to attending to Mars. In what looks like an virtually weekly prevalence, Mr. Musk’s SpaceX is consistently launching its new Starship rocket… and giddily watching it explode. With every explosion, SpaceX’s engineers study one thing new; an important new piece of data they might want to good the know-how that may finally get Individuals to the floor of worlds in our Photo voltaic System past the Earth. For its half, NASA spends our hard-earned tax {dollars}, entrusts it to bureaucrats who lack all imaginative and prescient for our future, and finally refuse to threat damaging their new toy.

https://newspostalk.com/outer-space/pentagon-says-china-will-beat-america-in-new-space-race/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pentagon says China will beat America in new space race
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:43:29 pm »
China may beat NASA, but I doubt they’ll beat Musk, so I doubt they’ll best America.