Author Topic: Barr: ‘Unprecedented’ Trump Had Classified Docs in a Country Club — He ‘Jerked Around’ DOJ for a Yea  (Read 5235 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Wasn't insuring this one of the goals of the non-stop, concurrent "investigations" into the President, his family, his private businesses and members of his administration @massadvj ?  If memory serves, "obstruction of justice" is not without consequences.

Yes, it was the strategy. And it succeeded, largely because Trump appointed the wrong people at both the justice dept and fbi.

Does Biden worry about "obstruction of justice' when it comes to Hunter Biden?  Did Obama worry about "obstruction of justice" when he was gun running to both Mexico and ISIS?  In the case of Democrat presidents there can be no obstruction of justice because they ARE justice.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:51:46 pm by massadvj »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yes, it was the strategy. And it succeeded.

And yet, you hold the target of the strategy guilty for surviving it -----  not the perps for executing it.   :shrug:

Does Biden worry about "obstruction of justice' when it comes to Hunter Biden?  Did Obama worry about "obstruction of justice" when he was gun running to both Mexico and ISIS?  In the case of Democrat presidents there can be no obstruction of justice because they ARE justice.

So,  you're pissed off with Trump because he isn't a corrupt criminal trampling over what's left of the rule of law --- like Obama and Biden?

What is your point @massadvj

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
And yet, you hold the target of the strategy guilty for surviving it -----  not the perps for executing it.   :shrug:

He appointed the wrong people. Presidents are supposed to do more than survive. You think Biden worries about "surviving" Hunter and all his graft?  No way.  Hunter does not exist as far as his justice department is concerned. Their only job is containing it.

Obama turned the entire justice apparatus into a poltical enforcement mechanism for his party, and Trump's appointeed did nothing to turn that around. OK, Barr did a little, but precious little, given that the FBI was still campaigning for Biden even as Trump was POTUS.  You ever think about that?  The very department Trump was in charge of was actively pushing Facebook and Twitter not to run with the Hunter Biden story, and Barr and Wray (both Trump appointees) either did nothing about it, or did not know.  That is a failure on Trump's part, and I think he realizes it now. At least I hope so, because if he is elected again his first job should be to clean up that sewer that Obama created once and for all.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
So,  you're pissed off with Trump because he isn't a corrupt criminal trampling over what's left of the rule of law --- like Obama and Biden?

What is your point @massadvj

My point is that Trump appointed the wrong people in both his attorneys general and his FBI director.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
From a totally objective POV, suffering and recovery from 58 of your friends committing suicide has some level of gutsy.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

He appointed the wrong people.

He appointed the only people McConnell would confirm.  I live in this town, not in an ivy-covered enclave.  I work among these cretins, not with the isolated.  Doubling down on ignorance as though it's gospel from on-high is not helpful.

My point is that Trump appointed the wrong people in both his attorneys general and his FBI director.

Do better.

Offline aligncare

Btw, Barr used the word “unprecedented?” Pull the other one. Obama kept tons of documents, many classified, as have other presidents for their Presidential libraries. After leaving the White House they all negotiate about stuff they’d like to keep and documents the National Archives wants back.

Offline libertybele

That these appointees stabbed the President in the back is evidence of how powerful the administrative state is @libertybele   Each of the men you listed above came through recommendations from his own political party.  To who else was Trump to turn for recommendations on experienced government officials?

These men flipped on Trump the moment they assessed Trump was going to lose and the state was going to win --- a straightforward case of self-preservation over principle.  This tells us who these men are, not Trump.

Trump is working very hard to amass a cadre of America First advisors and government officials around the country for his second term.  We should be helping and supporting him in these efforts.  It's all for our benefit.

FWIW,  I'm looking forward to the time when blaming Donald Trump for having to wade through an incestuous and corrupt federal government is no longer accepted dogma.

Relax @Right_in_Virginia  Trump isn't perfect and ok, he's trying to amass better advisors. I'm not finding fault nor am I denying that many past advisors stabbed him in the back. The swamp runs very deep, I get that and have for quite awhile. However, I was flabbergasted when he picked Sessions and even more so when he appointed Rosenstein. Advice from the GOPe, perhaps, but IMO it was Jared who had a hand in his selections. In fact I have little doubt that the weasel was working both sides.

Regardless, why didn't Trump do a little bit of research himself on those that were picked?? That's something I've always questioned, it's easy enough to do.

I recognize what Trump was up against from within his own party.  I have not always been a supporter of some of the things that he did, but Trump was one of the greatest presidents in my lifetime and I would vote for him again.

During last night's rally I was very pleased to see him step out from the past a bit and mention what he would do in the future. IMO it was a definite signal he intends to run again.

IF the DEMS don't find a way to prevent him from running again he will be the GOP nominee and it is doubtful he'll be challenged. I would hope that Cruz, DeSantis, Pompeo, Green, Hawley, Paul and others will rally right along with him.

McCarthy and McConnell will continue to be poison to Trump and his efforts; there's no way around that unless somehow they lose their seats and I don't see that happening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
He appointed the only people McConnell would confirm.  I live in this town, not in an ivy-covered enclave.  I work among these cretins, not with the isolated.  Doubling down on ignorance as though it's gospel from on-high is not helpful.

That is BS. He appointed Sessions because he owed him politically, and he thought Sessions would be loyal.  Sessions turned out to be gutless when it came to protecting Trump from the Russia hoax.  So then he appointed Barr, a fairly conservative guy, but definitely a career insider.  He should have brought in someone from outside Washington.  I am sure there were plenty of people who McConnell would have confirmed, and if not, he always had the option of a recess appointment.

Trump very clearly did not know what he was up against in terms of the how the federal aparatus he was in charge of would undermine him, and he never really got it under control.  That is not to say he wasn't a good POTUS.  Overall, I'd give him high marks.  But when your own FBI is able to intentionally put the lid on a story that would likely have buried your opponent, that is a glaring problem.  Barr and Wray have only two excuses, either they didn't know or they did know and did nothing.  Both represent a specific kind of failure that goes all the way to the top.

Offline libertybele

That is BS. He appointed Sessions because he owed him politically, and he thought Sessions would be loyal.  Sessions turned out to be gutless when it came to protecting Trump from the Russia hoax.  So then he appointed Barr, a fairly conservative guy, but definitely a career insider.  He should have brought in someone from outside Washington.  I am sure there were plenty of people who McConnell would have confirmed, and if not, he always had the option of a recess appointment.

Trump very clearly did not know what he was up against in terms of the how the federal aparatus he was in charge of would undermine him, and he never really got it under control.  That is not to say he wasn't a good POTUS.  Overall, I'd give him high marks.  But when your own FBI is able to intentionally put the lid on a story that would likely have buried your opponent, that is a glaring problem.  Barr and Wray have only two excuses, either they didn't know or they did know and did nothing.  Both represent a specific kind of failure that goes all the way to the top.

:yowsa:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Once again, you nailed it @massadvj and now he does! Which is why they fear him so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline art.prout

No on both counts.

McConnell is as swampy as Schumer, Biden, Pelosi, et al.  There was a very limited set of people that Trump could appoint for AG and FBI Director (which is why we saw the appointments that we did!).

And no again, there was NO opportunity for any recess appointments as they kept the Senate in session 24 x 7 throughout the entire Trump presidency.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:11:53 pm by art.prout »

Offline art.prout

You are exactly right.

Every President has a limited set of people that the Senate majority will allow to be confirmed.  Trump, being who he is and what he was attempting to accomplish, had an even more narrow set.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@art.prout @massadvj

FWIW, I think there is a lot of truth in what you both say. I think Trump was blindsided by the death and breadth of the swamp but mostly by how willing fellow Republicans were to undermine him at every turn. He also got some very bad advice from people he thought he could trust. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline art.prout

@art.prout @massadvj

FWIW, I think there is a lot of truth in what you both say. I think Trump was blindsided by the death and breadth of the swamp but mostly by how willing fellow Republicans were to undermine him at every turn. He also got some very bad advice from people he thought he could trust. 

Yes, I agree.  I should have noted that I agreed mostly with the rest of Mr. Massadv's post...  just disputing those two items.

Thanks for your clarity.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes, I agree.  I should have noted that I agreed mostly with the rest of Mr. Massadv's post...  just disputing those two items.

Thanks for your clarity.

888high58888  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Relax @Right_in_Virginia  Trump isn't perfect and ok, he's trying to amass better advisors. I'm not finding fault nor am I denying that many past advisors stabbed him in the back. The swamp runs very deep, I get that and have for quite awhile. However, I was flabbergasted when he picked Sessions and even more so when he appointed Rosenstein. Advice from the GOPe, perhaps, but IMO it was Jared who had a hand in his selections. In fact I have little doubt that the weasel was working both sides.

Regardless, why didn't Trump do a little bit of research himself on those that were picked?? That's something I've always questioned, it's easy enough to do.

I'll happily relax @libertybele --- right after you admit you were joking when you posted this.

Offline libertybele

I'll happily relax @libertybele --- right after you admit you were joking when you posted this.

Only after you got off your high horse of thinking that you are above everyone -- gee, just joking. 

I'm done discussing this with you as the snipes and snark aren't necessary.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 02:23:23 pm by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What I find strange, confusing, and confounding, is the fact almost ZERO of the DOJ/FBI has come forward calling out this undprecedented unneeded raid against a former POTUS' residence.

As far as I am concerned all 100,000 DOJ/FBI employees and appointees are complicit in this matter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
What I find strange, confusing, and confounding, is the fact almost ZERO of the DOJ/FBI has come forward calling out this undprecedented unneeded raid against a former POTUS' residence.

As far as I am concerned all 100,000 DOJ/FBI employees and appointees are complicit in this matter.

I think the entire department was pretty much purged of conservatives under the Obama administration, and turned into a sort of "gestapo" for the Democrat party. Civil service laws make it very, very difficult to reverse.  It would have taken a Mike Pompeo type to clean it up. 

Offline libertybele

I think the entire department was pretty much purged of conservatives under the Obama administration, and turned into a sort of "gestapo" for the Democrat party. Civil service laws make it very, very difficult to reverse.  It would have taken a Mike Pompeo type to clean it up.

Speaking of Pompeo, I think he would make an excellent president.

Offline Hoodat

That these appointees stabbed the President in the back is evidence of how powerful the administrative state is @libertybele   Each of the men you listed above came through recommendations from his own political party.

In other words, Trump never was a 'drain-the-swamp' guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Only after you got off your high horse of thinking that you are above everyone -- gee, just joking. 

I'm done discussing this with you as the snipes and snark aren't necessary.

Physician, heal thyself.

@libertybele

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:10:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »