Author Topic: Van Jones on Midterm Election: Starting to See the Beginnings of a ‘Blue Wave’  (Read 563 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Van Jones on Midterm Election: Starting to See the Beginnings of a ‘Blue Wave’

Pam Key 2 Sep 2022

CNN political commentator Van Jones said Friday on CNN’s “Newsroom” that the beginnings of what could be a blue wave are forming for Democrats in the 2022 midterm election.

Jones said, “Coming into Labor Day weekend, you are starting to see the beginnings of what could be a blue wave. I don’t think people understand, on the Democratic side, how upset and how motivated Democrats are. There was a season of shame from the time that the Afghanistan exit was botched and this whole year of getting nothing done where Democrats had our heads held down.”

He added, “Now, because Biden has been so successful on his legislative agenda and Republicans have been so scary in what they’re talking about, taking away women’s right to vote — women’s right to choose, attacking the vote, and then you have Donald Trump basically saying, ‘If you come to Washington, D.C., and beat people up on my behalf, I will give you a pardon.’ That scares the crap out of people, and that’s making people want to stand up and go vote. So now you have the economy on the one side, which I think motivates the Republicans, but you have this sense of democracy under threat motivating Democrats. Biden was speaking for tens of millions of people yesterday, last night.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/02/van-jones-on-midterm-election-starting-to-see-the-beginnings-of-a-blue-wave/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline aligncare

Really, Van, you need to get your tires rotated, you’re starting to vibrate around the curves.

I think we’re seeing signs of a 1994-level red wave coming. What do you think of that? Voters don’t like it when a fake president demonizes half of Americans after raiding the home, and threatening arrest of, the former president they voted for. What do you think of those cookies? Oh, and don’t forget —it’s the economy, stupid!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Another classic FUD dump brought to you by CNN's resident card-carrying communist.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The polls aren't showing that at all. They are pretty tight for this time of year. Usually Dems are solidly ahead right now till the gap closes.

For example Nevada, a reliably blue state, the polls for Senate and Governor have been near tied. The latest:

Nevada Senate - Laxalt vs. Cortez Masto   Fabrizio/Anzalone   Cortez Masto 48, Laxalt 47   Cortez Masto +1
Nevada Governor - Lombardo vs. Sisolak   Fabrizio/Anzalone   Lombardo 48, Sisolak 46   Lombardo +2

That's not a blue wave.

I've seen a number of bluer state races that are single digits.
The Republic is lost.

Offline rustynail

One can almost feel the Joementum building and building.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Commie says what?
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Imagine abandoning the High Ground and hoping Trump doesn’t notice it is vacant.

Biggest error in political history. Epic.

9:46 AM · Sep 2, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline EdinVA

CNN political commentator Van Jones.... his focus is ratings not facts and anything he can say to increase ratings is fair game

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote:
"I think we’re seeing signs of a 1994-level red wave coming. What do you think of that? Voters don’t like it when a fake president demonizes half of Americans after raiding the home, and threatening arrest of, the former president they voted for. What do you think of those cookies? Oh, and don’t forget —it’s the economy, stupid!"

No.
It's NOT "the economy, stupid", any more.
See this post I put up yesterday in another thread:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,479385.msg2703294.html#msg2703294
Pay attention to the numbers in it.

I was around in 1994, and I remember election night.
That WAS an astounding victory for the Republican Party.
But that was "then".
Things are different today.
Particularly the voter demographics and the fact that the nation has become as ideologically divided (perhaps moreso) than it was in 1861.

Those on the red side will claim "economy".
But those on the blue side favor "ideology".

As for the November elections... well... YES, the Republicans will win the House, but I sense the margin of seats they obtain will fall short of expectations.

But in the Senate... I predict the absolute best the Pubbies will do is to hold onto 50 seats. It's probably more likely they'll end up with around 48.

If there's a "red wave", nobody here will be as happy as me to have been proven wrong.

But I call 'em as I see 'em, and that's what I see coming down the line this time 'round...