Author Topic: US Army 155mm projectiles shortage, the level ‘uncomfortably low’  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army 155mm projectiles shortage, the level ‘uncomfortably low’

By Boyko Nikolov on September 1, 2022

WASHINGTON — The US has delivered 806,000 155mm field artillery rounds to Ukraine over the past six months. The level of these munitions in US warehouses is “uncomfortably low”. These are the words of a representative of the Pentagon. The war in Ukraine is gradually depleting and greatly reducing the supplies of the US military.

Ukraine gets 155mm M982 guided shells: PBX warhead, 23-70 km range

US sends BGM-71 TOWs to Ukraine – 900mm armor-piercing ATGMs
US buys new NASAMS from Raytheon and gives them to Ukraine
Rafael’s Iron Dome conducted successful live firings in the US

The leaked data is causing concern in the US Department of Defense. There is no official information on the exact amount of 155mm artillery ammunition for field artillery in the warehouses of the US Army.

Political circles in Washington occasionally criticize the Pentagon and the US government for these deliveries. Criticism intensified when it emerged that 806,000 155mm artillery shells had been delivered to Ukraine from February 24 to August 24. Criticism became even fiercer when it was also revealed that stockpiled 155mm ammunition levels were “uncomfortably low”. A US defense official said: “The levels are not critical, but they are not the levels at which we want to go to war.”

The US has delivered various aid packages to Ukraine in recent months. They also include guided artillery missiles, 105/155 mm howitzer systems, weapons detection radars, air-to-surface missiles, air defense systems, and anti-ship and anti-tank missiles.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/09/01/us-army-155mm-projectiles-shortage-the-level-uncomfortably-low/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson