Author Topic: Disabled veteran illegally denied apartment over support dog, HUD says  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Disabled veteran illegally denied apartment over support dog, HUD says

Sgt. Dillon (left), Sgt. Truman (center), and Rear Adm. Bobbie (right), support patients at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. (DoD photo by Leigh Cutbert)
SEPTEMBER 01, 2022 BILL LUKITSCH - KANSAS CITY STAR

The Department of Housing and Urban Development has filed a complaint against a Shawnee apartment complex and its managers saying a disabled veteran was illegally denied the ability to rent there because of his emotional support dog.

In a news release Tuesday, HUD announced that Fox Run Apartments, LLC, which owns a 515-unit complex at 7513 Goddard St., and its managers from Peterson Properties would be facing a charge of violating the Fair Housing Act. The act, first passed in 1968, contains provisions aimed toward protecting people with disabilities from being discriminated against in obtaining housing.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/disabled-veteran-illegally-denied-apartment-over-support-dog-hud-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson