Author Topic: B-21 Raider: The Air Force’s New Stealth Bomber Russia And China Fear  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 Raider: The Air Force’s New Stealth Bomber Russia And China Fear

ByRobert FarleyPublished11 hours ago

B-21 RaiderShown is a B-21 Raider artist rendering graphic. The rendering highlights the future stealth bomber with Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., as the backdrop. Designed to perform long range conventional and nuclear missions and to operate in tomorrow’s high end threat environment, the B-21 will be a visible and flexible component of the nuclear triad. (U.S. Air Force graphic). This is the third USAF rendering of the B-21 Raider. Note changes in the windshield from previous official renderings.

The Raiders are on their way. The Northrop Grumman B-21 Raider is supposed to be the US Air Force’s (USAF) next great long-range bomber. If Air Force expectations pan out, a hundred or more of the bombers will join the fleet in the next decades, providing the core of one-third of the nuclear triad and a lethal precision strike capability.

What is the B-21 supposed to be capable of, and how is the project going?

The B-21 Has a Purpose: Reinvigorate the Bomber Force

Originally termed the LRS-B (Long Range Strike Bomber), the B-21 Raider is intended to replace the greater portion of the US bomber fleet and to provide long-range penetration capability for the next century.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/09/b-21-raider-the-air-forces-new-stealth-bomber-russia-and-china-fear/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 11:05:43 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson