Author Topic: Oops: Alaskan Electric Buses Run Out of Power in Winter  (Read 359 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oops: Alaskan Electric Buses Run Out of Power in Winter
« on: September 01, 2022, 04:07:42 pm »

Home2022

September1

Oops: Alaskan Electric Buses Run Out of Power in Winter

7 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t goldminor; Who could have guessed electric vehicles might struggle in cold climates?

Charge pending on electric bus fleet: City awarded grant for bus barn roof in preparation for addition of seven new electric buses

By Clarise Larson
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 2:56pm

Capital Transit just got one stop closer on its road to electrifying Juneau’s public transportation.

The City and Borough of Juneau’s municipal bus service, Capital Transit, announced last week that it is set to be awarded close to $2.3 million from a federal grant which will go toward infrastructure replacement to aid the city’s long-term goal of electrifying its transit system moving forward.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/09/01/oops-alaskan-electric-buses-run-out-of-power-in-winter/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 04:08:41 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Oops: Alaskan Electric Buses Run Out of Power in Winter
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 04:31:48 pm »
Never really thought about how much gumption those things (batteries) lost in cold weather, guess I should of, all cars sometimes struggle in cold weather (even here in the south). Seems our hot summers kill batteries, but the cold brings out the flaws to the forefront.   
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 05:07:15 pm »
Buses?

Just wait until about 10-15 years from now when a blizzard cripples hundreds of miles of sections on I-80 or I-90, and thousands of EV's and motorist are stranded in -20 temperatures, with -60 windchills.

Nothing will go wrong with that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:19:49 pm »
Buses?

Just wait until about 10-15 years from now when a blizzard cripples hundreds of miles of sections on I-80 or I-90, and thousands of EV's and motorist are stranded in -20 temperatures, with -60 windchills.

Those tires will burn nicely.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:43 am »
Gee,who would have ever guessed that electric batteries would fail in sub-zero weather?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 12:26:21 am »
Buses?

@catfish1957

Some people might  even refer to that as a method of population control.

After all,this will never affect our political masters,who all ride around in limo's with BIG V-8's that run on gasoline,or fly in private airplanes powered by aviation fuel.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 12:53:09 am »
Gee,who would have ever guessed that electric batteries would fail in sub-zero weather?

Uh....

me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 01:41:54 am »
Uh....

me.

@Smokin Joe

Should I have added a "sarcasm tag" to my post?

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 01:55:16 am »
As a professional school Bus Driver from Minnesota, we have electric buses demos. They can't be driven when it's 10 degrees or lower, witch means they are useless for 3 months of the year, remember the students will be riding without heat.