Author Topic: SEE IT: NASA releases first-ever image of alien planet outside our solar system  (Read 397 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
NASA has captured the first-ever photo of a planet outside the solar system with its James Webb Space Telescope, photographing an uninhabitable exoplanet previously discovered in 2017.

The exoplanet is a gas giant, meaning it does not have a rocky surface and cannot be lived on. However, the photograph opens the door to future similar developments, showing the Webb telescope is capable of capturing images beyond the solar system that can help further research on other distant planets.

“This is a transformative moment, not only for Webb but also for astronomy generally,” said Sasha Hinkley, associate professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom. “It was really impressive how well the Webb coronagraphs worked to suppress the light of the host star.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/space/nasa-releases-image-alien-planet-outside-solar-system
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am eaten alive with envy.

Can you even begin to imagine the excitement and joy these people have when the first images return to Earth?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I am eaten alive with envy.

Can you even begin to imagine the excitement and joy these people have when the first images return to Earth?
Actually,  I can.

Every time I look at a sample from downhole I am reminded that I am the only human being to have laid eyes on that rock...and one of few who ever will.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis