Author Topic: Iowans to Vote on Constitutional Language Exceeding the 2nd Amendment  (Read 619 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Iowans will have an opportunity this November to vote on adding language to their state constitution that exceeds the language contained in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

The Des Moines Register notes that Iowa is one of just over a handful of states that lack any state-level constitutional protection for the right to keep and bear arms.

In November, Iowans will vote for or against the adoption of a constitutional amendment which recognizes the right to keep and bear arms as “fundamental.”

The amendment says: “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The sovereign state of Iowa affirms and recognizes this right to be a fundamental individual right. Any and all restrictions of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/01/iowans-vote-constitutional-language-exceeding-2nd-amendment/

----------

Yes vote from me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Iowans to Vote on Constitutional Language Exceeding the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 09:54:12 pm »
"The sovereign state of Iowa affirms and recognizes..."

This language may someday become even more important.
When Iowa is requested to send delegates to the New Continental Congress...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Iowans to Vote on Constitutional Language Exceeding the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 10:03:14 pm »
"The sovereign state of Iowa affirms and recognizes..."

This language may someday become even more important.
When Iowa is requested to send delegates to the New Continental Congress...

I caught that too @Fishrrman and it made me smile.

Iowans are nice and low key, but many of us know the score, even our Governor and representatives, that there may be a National Divorce in the future prompted by our FedGov going completely over the cliff into open lawlessness.
The Republic is lost.