Author Topic: Drugging the Masses ...  (Read 271 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Drugging the Masses ...
« on: September 01, 2022, 04:12:19 pm »
On drug policy, Canada shows where the West is heading............... (snip)

Up until about the 1970s, drug use in the West was approached through the frames of prohibition and temperance, which promoted abstinence from alcohol. While prohibition and temperance are commonly understood as having “failed,” the reality is that many now common-sense restrictions on alcohol, such as prohibitions on serving alcohol to minors and in hospitals, are as a result of these movements. Prohibition and temperance succeeded in dramatically transforming the social and legal framework around alcohol.

While harm reduction proponents love to claim that abstinence promotion doesn’t work, the truth is that millions did moderate or quit drinking as a result of the abstinence approach promoted by temperance and prohibition.......

https://compactmag.com/article/drugging-the-masses

At one time the government did the "This is your Brain on Drugs" approach... it now has been moderated. Not calling something that is bad, Bad has an effect... we see this in lots of aspects now days...

I am new to the source of this article, but the site (CompactMag) is really growing on me. Well written articles with good insight and thoughtful commentary. - Sighlass (Not the pot option)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 04:24:54 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline rustynail

Re: Drugging the Masses ...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 04:37:21 pm »
Good article, interesting site.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 04:45:29 pm »
Good article, interesting site.

I thought so too.... they did a really good insightful article the other day on "Why the Right Lost the Student-Loan Fight"... (Don't want to link it, would be hijacking my own post)... but it was really deep.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 05:03:37 pm »
Well for one thing, a drugged docile populus can be more easily be pummeled into submission.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 05:20:04 pm »
Well for one thing, a drugged docile populus can be more easily be pummeled into submission.

True, and Joe also started the ball rolling into taking gun rights away from folks that took "prescribed" drugs the other day. The "Pot Option" meant you gave up your right to own firearms.

Sorry Corbe for taking your "jest quote" in vain a few times here.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 05:36:48 pm by Sighlass »