Author Topic: US Army to launch offensive cyber capabilities office  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army to launch offensive cyber capabilities office
« on: September 01, 2022, 03:45:46 pm »

US Army to launch offensive cyber capabilities office
By Colin Demarest
 Aug 31, 03:05 PM

ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. — The U.S. Army will establish an office dedicated to offensive cyber and space capabilities next year amid rapidly shifting priorities, officials said.

The office, dubbed Program Manager Cyber and Space, will fall under the Program Executive Office for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors, which tests and fields equipment such as aerial jamming pods, biometric information systems and battlefield navigation tools.

Its creation will shift offensive cyber responsibilities away from an existing PEO IEW&S enclave tasked with electronic warfare and cyber.

https://www.defensenews.com/electronic-warfare/2022/08/31/us-army-to-launch-offensive-cyber-capabilities-office/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army to launch offensive cyber capabilities office
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 03:48:57 pm »
Is that offensive as in taking control, charging the enemy, not on the defensive?

Or is it offensive as in stinks to high heaven, lousy, and embarrassing?

Only time will tell. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Re: US Army to launch offensive cyber capabilities office
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 04:40:54 pm »
That will 'never' be used against the people?