Author Topic: Reported sexual assaults across US military increase by 13%  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Reported sexual assaults across US military increase by 13%
« on: September 01, 2022, 03:22:12 pm »
Reported sexual assaults across US military increase by 13%
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Aug 31, 05:04 PM

Reports of sexual assaults across the U.S. military jumped by 13% last year, driven by significant increases in the Army and the Navy as bases began to move out of pandemic restrictions and public venues reopened, The Associated Press has learned.

Mirroring the increase in those reports is the disclosure that close to 36,000 service members said in a confidential survey that they had experienced unwanted sexual contact — a dramatic increase over the roughly 20,000 who said that in a similar 2018 survey, U.S. defense and military officials said.

The latest numbers are certain to anger lawmakers on Capitol Hill who have been critical of the Pentagon’s efforts to get a handle on sexual crimes and misconduct.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/08/31/reported-sexual-assaults-across-us-military-increase-by-13/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Reported sexual assaults across US military increase by 13%
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 03:23:47 pm »
Another successful Pentagon program!! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 03:51:12 pm »
Is there a gender identity/pronoun breakdown of these assaults?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 03:53:10 pm »
Skeptic alert...

"Reports" are one thing, confirmed cases another.

Given the "woke" nature of many in the services nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if some are just "reporting" to torpedo another persons career.

There is an immense amount of power in simply making allegations, whether true or not.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.