Author Topic: White House Says Donald Trump Supporters Are a ‘Threat to Our Democracy’  (Read 1048 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Says Donald Trump Supporters Are a ‘Threat to Our Democracy’

Charlie Spiering 31 Aug 2022

The White House denounced supporters of President Donald Trump on Wednesday, accusing them of posing an “extremist threat to our democracy.”

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre began the daily briefing by condemning Republican leaders for their dangerous rhetoric but also said that President Joe Biden believed supporters of former President Donald Trump were also a threat.

“Let me be very clear, it’s not just Republican leadership, it’s not just that blanket right?” she said to reporters. “He’s talking about an extreme portion, an extreme part of the party.”

Jean-Pierre previewed the president’s speech planned for Thursday about restoring the “soul of Democracy” and warned of “extreme” Republicans.

“When you are supporting an authoritarian figure, as we have seen, who is leading, currently leading, the former president, you know, and um saying and inciting the violence that you are or wanting to take our freedoms, you know we need to say something,” she said.

Jean Pierre asserted there was “more examples we can count” of Trump supporters and Republican leaders  demonstrating their threats to democracy.

She specifically complained about Gov. Ron DeSantis for calling for Dr. Anthony Fauci to be “physically assaulted” when he said that “someone needs to grab that little elf and chuck him across the Potomac.”

She stressed that not all Republicans were dangerous to Democracy, pointing out the president’s flattering words about Maryland Republican Gov. Larry Hogan, who she said was “not in that bucket” of Republicans who posed a threat.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/31/white-house-says-donald-trump-supporters-are-a-threat-to-our-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is sounding more and more like the Biden admin is planning a coup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I would hope so.

"Democracy" is just an alternative spelling of the word "Communism".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, one person, 3/4 of a vote, unless you are Democrat,  then it's 1 1/4 votes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tucker Carlson:  "Divider in Chief"  (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v1fl8bj/?pub=4
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:03:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

Tucker Carlson has outdone himself (is that even possible?)

An absolutely brilliant editorial. Must see.

Offline cato potatoe

Here comes the “soul” talk again.  There is no collective soul of a country.  I do not share a soul with Geraldo Rivera or Karen Jean-Pair.  There exist 330 million souls, a quarter of whom elected a senile buffoon.  If he is allowed to make enough bad decisions, then we will suffer collectively. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The greatest threat to our democracy is ignorance and complacency, specifically around American Civics.

Both sides are careening towards authoritarianism as political power in Congress is over centralized in the positiions of Speaker of the House, House Minority Leader, Senate Majority Leader, and Senate Minority Leader.

The American voters did not elect Nancy Pelosi nor Mitch McConnell to national Federal office.  The Dem and GOP party aristocracies chose them to reign.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:48:02 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

I would hope so.

"Democracy" is just an alternative spelling of the word "Communism".
Exactly, @sneakypete
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Screw 'democracy', the greatest threat to our REPUBLIC is democrats communist version of 'democracy'.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Well... considering your idea of "democracy", I have to admit:
You're damn right we are.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
The real threat to democracy is STEALING ELECTIONS !!!
Installing as government officials people who LOST THE ELECTION !!!
Illegally seizing power AGAINST the will of the people that was demonstrated in the election!

The "Democrats" claiming that Trump supporters are a "threat to democracy"
is like a mugger claiming that his victim is a "threat to public safety."

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
This is sounding more and more like the Biden admin is planning a coup.

The Biden administration IS an illegal coup!
Biden's speech is just like messaging from the Nazis and the Communists
demonizing anyone who questions their lies.
It sounds like the "Democrats" are planning a PURGE, not a coup!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Donald Trump supports are souls abandoned and betrayed by the elites and the establishment who are desperate to find leaders who will stand with them and fight for them in the White House and an in the Congress.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Well... considering your idea of "democracy", I have to admit:
You're damn right we are.

@Fishrrman

Maybe the saddest part about this is these goobers really ARE so stupid that they think a democracy is superior to a Republic.

The ones that know what a Democracy and a Republic are,anyhow. The others are just useful tools/useful fools that are there for the "free stuff".

Offline mountaineer

Who knows what braindead Gen. Z child is handling Joe's tw*tter account, but they've really been doubling down on the stupidity lately.
President Biden
@POTUS
United States government official
The MAGA agenda represents an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.

It doesn’t respect our Constitution.
It doesn’t believe in the rule of law.
And it doesn’t recognize the will of the people.
11:51 AM · Sep 4, 2022·
Conservative attorney Ron Coleman warns, in response (and I quite agree):
Ron Coleman
@RonColeman
They're baiting you.
2:45 PM · Sep 4, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline BellyAche

Biden has no gravitas in his outrages anyway. It’s all excess hubris masking as outrage. Or a lot of wind from the backend of a certain farm animal!  ****sheep****

Ooo I’m having fun here today!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When people fight like HELL for a really bad candidate and turn fanatically blind to get their candidate in office.  Then bawl their eyes out for four years, because their candidate won and turned the nation to severe decline.  The liar deceivers wasn't the only problem, the imbeciles that got their way are a major part of the problem!  Yah know, LIKE LAST PRES ELECTION!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 05:31:05 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Perhaps it is true the Supreme Court overturned the 2020 election on June 22nd this year.  That would explain the Hillary Clinton type position of the Biden Admin.  I mean really, is this any different than the basket of undesirables?  Declaring that half of America are enemies or fascists has become a common practice of the Democommies.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual.  If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck it must be a duck.  When everything Biden does appears to be intentionally destroying the USA, that it appears he is an agent for the CCP, perhaps he is.  And no one does a damn thing.