Author Topic: F-15 Silent Eagle: The Powerhouse Fighter Jet The Air Force Said ‘No’ To  (Read 94 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-15 Silent Eagle: The Powerhouse Fighter Jet The Air Force Said ‘No’ To

ByHarrison KassPublished3 mins ago
F-15SE Silent EagleF-15SE Silent Eagle. Image Credit: Creative Commons.
The F-15 Eagle is a proven air superiority fighter. The F-15’s air-to-air record is sterling; with over 100 confirmed kills and no losses, making the F-15 undefeated. Given the F-15’s track record, the jet is still relevant today, despite being introduced half a century ago.

The plan was to phase out the F-15 and replace the massive, fourth-generation fighter with the fifth-generation F-22. Yet, the F-15 remains a foundation of the USAF’s force structure, despite the successful introduction of the F-22. Consistently upgraded with new avionics, the F-15 has remained relevant. And despite being designed strictly as an air superiority fighter, “without a pound for ground,” the airframe has successfully been adapted into a ground-strike variant, the F-15E Strike Eagle, which was introduced in 1986. In all, the F-15 program has been fantastically successful.

Although, one F-15 variant, the F-15SE Silent Eagle, failed to take flight.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/08/f-15-silent-eagle-the-powerhouse-fighter-jet-the-air-force-said-no-to/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson