Author Topic: 22 States File Legal Brief In Support Of Navy SEALs Still Battling Biden’s Covid Jab Mandate  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
22 States File Legal Brief In Support Of Navy SEALs Still Battling Biden’s Covid Jab Mandate
BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
AUGUST 31, 2022

‘These brave men and women risk their lives to defend our freedom and they should not be required to check their own freedom at the door because they serve in our military.’

Author Shawn Fleetwood profile
SHAWN FLEETWOOD

Twenty-two states took legal action on Monday in support of several U.S. Navy SEALs seeking religious exemptions from President Joe Biden’s Covid jab mandate for military personnel.

Filed in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the amicus brief encourages the court not to afford deference to the federal government over its continued denial of religious exemptions for military service members such as the Navy SEALs, with the near-two dozen states citing the Biden administration’s repeated violations of federal law throughout the Covid pandemic.

“The Administration’s near total denial rate for religious exemptions suggests—just standing on its own—that the Administration has cast aside [The Religious Freedom Restoration Act’s] demands to pursue a political decision to mandate widespread vaccination,” the brief reads. “The Administration appears to be using another ‘work-around’—overstepping statutory limits to achieve a higher vaccination rate, as it did with the eviction moratorium and with its vaccine mandates.”

https://thefederalist.com/2022/08/31/22-states-file-legal-brief-in-support-of-navy-seals-still-battling-bidens-covid-jab-mandate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's hard to teach an old POTUS new realities. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson