Author Topic: Air Force leaders set new goals to diversify officer corps  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force leaders set new goals to diversify officer corps
« on: August 31, 2022, 11:53:20 am »
Air Force leaders set new goals to diversify officer corps

Rachel Cohen
Tue, August 30, 2022 at 6:50 PM

Air Force and Space Force leaders this month laid out a new vision for more diversity in the officer corps, aiming to boost the proportion of minority airmen and guardians in fields traditionally staffed by white men.

It’s the first time in nearly 10 years that the Air Force has updated demographic targets for its main sources of commissioned officers, like the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado.

“Diversity and inclusion are an essential part of our society and key to the success of any organization,” the department said in an Aug. 9 memo cosigned by Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall, Undersecretary Gina Ortiz Jones, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Charles “CQ” Brown Jr. and Space Force Chief of Space Operations Gen. Jay Raymond.

https://news.yahoo.com/air-force-leaders-set-goals-225053534.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMwKV0T3wo8Hmeyzn7wG0GtKtBIEq2MGIm-ElIFelhBHgOxXCAC0-tmkrBhr4USqKC3O1mOBnLA9XuoD5RH05c8Qnzam6Wt-awpQ5fWylEvj-HIjPHijLhitvRKP1A5AJppJLqMDBFgTX9DmXlZk3Az8UBukcazp2cFdNH7wXndH
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force leaders set new goals to diversify officer corps
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 11:56:02 am »
The more the service has pushed for "diversity" the less effective it has become, it would seem.  Pushing for skin color instead of ability is a sure path to destruction. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson