Author Topic: Top industry group raises alarm on future of green energy: 'Has now become a crisis'  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Top industry group raises alarm on future of green energy: 'Has now become a crisis'
Thomas Catenacci - Yesterday 5:03 PM

FIRST ON FOX: The National Mining Association (NMA) issued a stark warning Tuesday that the U.S. is too reliant on imports to fulfill mineral requirements needed for green energy projects.

FOX Business Flash top headlines for August 30

The NMA, which is the leading trade organization representing mining interests in the U.S., expressed its concerns in a federal filing to the White House interagency working group (IWG) on mining reform. The group noted in the document that China holds a strong foothold in global mineral markets, potentially making it difficult for the U.S. to gain a foothold in the key supply chain without immediate action.

"Despite being home to extensive and varied mineral resources, the United States is facing grave mineral supply chain challenges," the NMA wrote in its filing. "Our import reliance has been a well-documented and increasingly problematic issue for decades and has now become a crisis, exacerbated by pandemic-and war-related challenges, and the electrification of our economy."

In February, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland announced the creation of the IWG, which includes the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Agriculture, months after the White House ordered a review of the domestic supply chain and recommend solutions to expand "sustainable, responsible critical minerals production and processing." Haaland said the task force's work was important to "meet the needs of the clean energy economy."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/top-industry-group-raises-alarm-on-future-of-green-energy-has-now-become-a-crisis/ar-AA11i5Ds?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1a06057621a2480bf5d8e93a671687c8

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson